Congratulations! You have just been admitted to Master's Programme in Space Science and Technology at Aalto University.
We would like to warmly welcome you as a member of the Aalto community! You will be in excellent company as Aalto is ranked 9th in the world in the QS ranking of universities under 50 years. We will ensure you get the best possible learning experience with personal academic advising, extensive student wellbeing services and an active student community. We very much look forward to seeing you next autumn.
At Aalto, we believe in the power of curiosity. We encourage our students to explore the unknown and learn and do things in a whole new way – together, breaking boundaries. We’ll do our best to make sure you have all the information you need and answer all your questions about starting your studies here. Our contact information can be found at the end of this letter.
New student checklist
Please, take a good look to go over the following steps.
- Accept Your Admission Offer
You will receive an e-mail with personal link to studyinfo.fi portal after receiving your Letter of Admission. Click the link and follow the instructions to accept the admission offer. You can enroll as attending student from the same link, starting from 2 May (see step 4.).
- Apply for Residence Permit (non-EU/EEA Citizens) or register your residence (EU/EEA Citizens).
- Return the Aalto Scholarship Terms document and/or pay the tuition fee if applicable.
- Enroll as attending student by 30 July 2023. More information
- Apply for student accommodation.
- Activate your Aalto user account when you receive an invitation email. You can activate your Aalto user account in July at the earliest after you have enrolled for the academic year and received an activation email for your Aalto user account.
- Complete Aalto Pre-Orientation 2023−2024 online (the link to the material will be provided later; access requires activation of your Aalto user account).
- Apply for a student card.
- Pay the health care fee for students in higher education by 30 September (if applicable).
- Organize your travel to Finland and prepare to start your studies with orientation on week 35 (the week beginning on 28 August).
Detailed instructions for these steps and more information for new students is available at Aalto Student Guide.
Communication before the orientation in the autumn
Follow your email! We will send you newsletters during the spring and the summer to remind you of important matters and to provide you with more information about the orientation programme and the start of studies. You will be assigned a peer-student tutor aka ISO, who will contact you during the summer. Please remember to notify us if you change your email address. In the meanwhile, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us. You can find the contact information below.
Our Contact Information
Planning Officer Ms Alli Palojärvi
Telephone: +358 50 431 3768
Note that July is holiday season in Finland, please contact [email protected] if you have urgent questions during that time.
Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering
PO Box 15500
Maarintie 8, Espoo
Welcome to Aalto University, let's stay in touch!