The ceramics workshop gives students, teachers and researchers the opportunity to implement their ideas and create prototypes, as well as engage in artistic activities and carry out materials research into ceramics’ raw-materials.
The ceramics workshop collaborates with Aalto Digital Design Laboratory, Fablab, the Glass workshop, the Proto workshop and Biofilia on materials and techniques related to 3D printing as well as developing models and moulds.
- Materials research into ceramics’ raw materials in the ceramics laboratory
- Preparations of clay and glazes
- Manufactures of models and moulds in the plaster studio
- Testing prototypes and short-run production, using casting, forming, turning and hand construction techniques to produce artistic works
- Firing ceramic products and works