Finland is a great place for living with or without family. It is a safe, politically stable and well-organized Nordic society, where equality is esteemed very high and corruption very low.
Extensive social security ensures basic security for people in all situations in life, and free high quality education system is acknowledged worldwide.
In Finland, a low level of hierarchy is considered a strong characteristic and that goes for working life as well.
About Helsinki Metropolitan Area
- City of Helsinki (hel.fi)
- Map of Helsinki area (kartta.hel.fi)
- City of Espoo (english.espoo.fi)
- Visit Espoo (visitespoo.fi)
- Visit Helsinki (visithelsinki.fi)
- YLE News (YLE, Finnish Broadcasting Company, is Finland's national broadcasting company: yle.fi)
- YLE Mondo (YLE Mondo is a multilingual radio channel, yle.fi)
- Helsinki Times (News from Finland)
Why come to Finland and Helsinki Metropolitan Area?
- Finland is the happiest country in the world. Sustainable Development Solutions Network, World Happiness Report 2018
- Finland has the third least corruption in the world. Transparency International, Corruption Perceptions Index 2017
- Finland is the safest country in the world. World Economic Forum, The Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2017
- Finland is the fourth most innovative country in the world. World Economic Forum (WEF), The Global Competitiveness Report 2017–2018: Innovation
- Finland's primary education is the best in the world (World Economic Forum, The Global Competitiveness Report 2016-2017: Primary Education)
- Finland's quality of higher education is the third best in the world ( World Economic Forum, The Global Competitiveness report 2017-2018: Higher education and training/Quality of Education)
- Finnish children have the third most secure childhood in the world. Save the Children, Stolen Childhood: End of Childhood, Report 2017
- Finland is the third most gender equal country in the world (World Economic Forum, Global Gender Gap Index 2017)
- The air in Finland is the cleanest in the world. Finnish Meteorological Institute, Finland tops WHO air quality statistics 2018.
- Food in Finland is the cleanest in Europe (European Food safety Authority, the 2015 European Union report on pesticide residues in food.
- Of European big cities, Helsinki is the easiest and most pleasant to get around in. (20 cities in the comparison). Politico, Urban Mobility Index 2017.