In addition to the mandatory application documents, applicants to the Electronics and Nanotecnology programme are requested to provide the following additional documents:
- curriculum vitae*
- motivation letter*
- The motivation letter should be written in English. The maximum length of the motivation letter is about 4000 characters. You should write a separate motivation letter for each study option you apply to.
* the lack of these two application documents will adversely affect the evaluation of your application
- at least one original recommendation letter (preferably academic)
- work certificates and certificates of other relevant achievements
- copies of any publications
- the official transcript of records for other university studies which are not included in the mandatory part of the application
The application should fully explain the educational history of the applicant. If the applicant has started or completed other studies in addition to the Bachelor's degree mentioned above, he or she should also provide the respective official transcripts and other possible (degree) certificates.
If the applicant has work experience or other activities or achievements to support their application, certificates or other proof should be included in the application. If the applicant has publications, copies or permanent web links to the publications should be provided. The CV should be used to provide a summary of one's personal history, achievements, objectives and other points that one considers important for the application.
The motivation letter can supplement the description of personal history. The motivation letter should also describe why the applicant is applying to the study‐option and why she/he would be a good candidate for the study option.
The recommendation letter should preferably be from a university professor, lecturer or a thesis instructor who has supervised the applicant’s studies at the university. The recommendation should comment on the applicant’s suitability to the specific study option and major.
General instructions on study-option-specific documents
All additional application documents described above should preferably be submitted in English. If some other language than English, Finnish or Swedish is used in them, the applicant must provide precise, word-for-word translations of them.
Upload the documents to your online application form in pdf-format. Name the file(s) according to format: Name of the document-Lastname-Firstname (e.g. CV-Lastname-Firstname.pdf). Maximum file size is 1.0 GB.
The study-option-specific documents must be uploaded for each study option separately, even if you use the same document (e.g. CV). Please check carefully the study-option-specific document requirements for each study option you apply to.
The deadline for the study-option-specific application documents to be uploaded to your application form is the same as for the general application documents.