Aalto University is a new university with over a century of experience. Created from a high-profile merger between three leading universities in Finland – the Helsinki School of Economics, Helsinki University of Technology and the University of Art and Design Helsinki – Aalto University opens up new possibilities for strong multidisciplinary education and research. Aalto University has 20 000 students and a staff of 5 000 including 350 professors.
Aalto University School of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Research group of Energy Efficiency and Systems (https://www.aalto.fi/en/department-of-mechanical-engineering/energy-efficiency-and-systems ) invites applications for
A DOCTORAL CANDIDATE
The candidate will be appointed as a researcher in the area of Sustainable energy systems. The objective of the research is to find scientifically based solutions for smart electricity systems and district heat systems that are possible to introduce in Finland and Estonia. One likely topic of research is modelling the impacts of increasing data center waste heat provision to city-level district heat systems. The project is a sub-project of FINEST TWINS European Community funded project. The project involves close collaboration between Aalto University and Tallinn Technical university Taltech.
The doctoral candidate works in this project as a researcher and does doctoral studies at the same time.
The work will be done under supervision of Prof. Sanna Syri. A two-year contract is granted first, followed by an extension, depending on the achievements of the student during the first contractual period.
- The applicant must fulfill the requirements for entitlement to do postgraduate studies at Aalto University: https://into.aalto.fi/display/endoctoraleng/Admission+requirements .
- Familiarity with energy technology and large-scale energy systems (electricity markets, district heat systems)
- Familiarity with mathematical analysis tools, energy systems models or programming languages.
- Language skills: Finnish and/or English
The salary for a doctoral candidate follows the Aalto University salary system.
Prof. Sanna Syri ([email protected] ).
The applications are to contain the following documents :
- A complete curriculum vitae (CV) describing education and employment history,
- Degree certificate of the Master’s degree, including a transcript of studies.
How to apply
The applications for the doctoral student position are to be submitted through the eRecruitment system (link 'Apply for this job' below) no later than 3 November 2019. Review of the applications begins immediately.
The Department reserves the right to end the call and make an offer as soon as a potential candidate is found.