Unigrafia Oy is a comprehensive provider of graphic design and electronic publishing. Unigrafia develops publication processes for the academia and for different organisations, and provides support services for publishing and web services. Unigrafia has divided their web services in three different solutions covering a variety of client needs:
- Unigrafia project website solution
- WordPress based sites tailored and developed according to client’s needs
- Conference websites
Read detailed information about the website solutions below. For more information and quotations, contact Unigrafia's customer service ([email protected])
1. Unigrafia project website
WordPress based, Unigrafia's project site solution includes both website design and maintenance, and meets the requirements of e.g. different projects and operations. This service solution suits particularly well also projects financed by EU. Specific objectives for the site will be defined in the kick-off meeting with the client.
Designing a project website usually consists of the following phases:
- Project logo design (duration typically around nine hours, 945 euros)
- Kick-off meeting and workshop (three hours, 315 euros)
- Visual identity design for the service (seven hours, 735 euros)
- Creating a Finnish or English language website for the project (nine hours, 945 euros) including WordPress publishing platform, file management, content management tools and installation of analytics tool. Additional, separately billable elements such as a calendar or a blog are also available.
- Project management and training (five hours, 550 euros)
- Registration of an .eu domain for 36 months (203 euros)
Phases 1–6 are around 3 500-4000 euros in total depending on different elements needed. Service maintenance, information security and updates 49 euros/month in total, preservation of website after the project is finished, 29 euros/month. Typical lead time from ordering the service till delivery around 1–4 weeks depending on the resources as well as qualities and content the site must exhibit.
The cost estimate includes the aforementioned phases and one round of alterations/changes to the presented design plans. Unigrafia provides separate cost estimates for additional work. Possible image licenses, travel costs and rental of facilities will be charged according to actual costs. If there are changes to the content or scope of the assignment, Unigrafia will negotiate the possible additional costs separately.
Unigrafia applies the delivery terms specified by the Federation of the Printing Industry in Finland.
Work references: http://www.iit-project.eu or http://erifore.eu
2. Developing WordPress based websites
Unigrafia breaks the website project down into operational phases thoroughly specified together with the client. The project phases will be scheduled and will proceed from one phase to another only after the approval of the client. This way Unigrafia provides the best possible solutions for the client, reach the objectives set for the project, stay on schedule and anticipate costs.
Developing a tailored website solution usually consists of a specification phase during which Unigrafia goes through (1) the informational objectives for the web service, contents, structure and functions, as well as (2) the visual identity for the website along with main ideas and expectations for the colour palette. The project begins with a kick-off meeting with the client.
After the kick-off meeting, a user interface along with the visual identity will be created, or the existing graphic design and interface will be modified according to the client’s needs. Elements such as banners, navigations, colours, image layout and typography can be designed. A search function and a feedback form can also be added to the site.
Design is based on the structural layout of the site and the visual identity (colour palette, logo, use of images and fonts) of the project. Images can be provided by the client or purchased from an image bank. Image editing is not included and there will be a separate charge per image.
Following the approval of the visual identity design, the site template will be coded and content with images fed into the publishing system. The client is responsible for providing the text and image content and Unigrafia is responsible for feeding the content into the system within the scope stipulated in the agreement. If project requires providing new content or feeding new content into the system, a separate workload estimate will be provided by Unigrafia.
Lastly, a user interface test will be conducted and faults detected during the testing will be corrected immediately. All groups and persons involved in the project will participate in the testing process. The web service will be launched on a date stipulated by the client. Unigrafia provides also maintenance service for WordPress based sites. Unigrafia can also help with server space and hosting issues. Prices do not include web hosting costs or domain registration.
A detailed production schedule will be devised together with the client during the kick-off meeting.
Development project for a website usually includes the following phases and assignments:
- Project management (e.g. seven hours, 735 euros)
- Kick-off meeting and workshop (four hours in total, 420e)
- Visual design for the site (e.g. 8 h, 840 euros)
- Coding the site and feeding content (e.g. ten pages around 25 hours, 2625 euros in total)
- User training and additional work (e.g. user training 2 h, 210 euros)
Phases 1–5 are around 3 500-5 500 euros in total depending on the scope of the site and the different developments required. Additional work (e.g. photo editing, creating content) and work outside the project will be charged according to actual hours worked with an hourly rate of 105 euros/h + VAT 24%. Possible font orders and image licenses will be agreed upon a case-by-case basis. Typical lead time from ordering the service till delivery around 6–8 weeks depending on the resources, development requirements and issues such as qualities and content the site must exhibit.
The cost estimate includes the aforementioned phases and one round of alterations/changes to the presented design plans. We provide separate cost estimates for additional work. Possible image licenses, travel costs and rental of facilities will be charged according to actual costs. If there are changes to the content or scope of the assignment, we will negotiate the possible additional costs separately.
We apply the delivery terms specified by the Federation of the Printing Industry in Finland.
3. Unigrafia conference service
Unigrafia conference service includes the conference website and its maintenance. Unigrafia’s web specialists can create the website for the event along with required electronic publications as well as presentation and marketing videos. We provide also live stream services from the event. Unigrafia’s comprehensive services combined with technical competence ensure efficiency in the conference marketing and publication processes.
Our graphic designers can create a coherent visual identity for the entire conference. The visual identity can be realised using the university brand guidelines but the colours and images can also be changed to correspond to the conference theme. We will provide also the posters, brochures, abstracts of presentations, name badges, congress folders, signage, invitations and menus, lists of participants and personalised print products. Posters can be printed and delivered to the conference venue.
Designing and producing a conference website usually includes the following phases and assignments:
- Design of conference logo (9 h) 945,00 euros
- Design and planning meeting (2 persons, 1,5 hours) 315,00 euros
- Creating the visual identity for the service (10 hours) 1 105 euros
- Creating an English language website 1 945 euros which includes WordPress publishing platform, management user interface, adaptive web design, feeding of content (10 pages), content management tool, file management, installation of the analytics tool
- Functional features for a conference website 2850 euros which includes processing of abstracts, Woo Events add-on, management user interface, participant registration, management and confirmations, financial transactions as well as billing and management using Paytrail, registration quota and avec management, feedback form and reporting of results, event calendar, adaptive design of real-time mobile guide as well as project management and training (5 hours, 550 euros)
Phases 1–5 are around 5 000-8 000 euros in total depending on details such as the scope of the functional features required for the conference website. Website maintenance, security and updates 49 euros/month in addition of 5 euros/each financial transaction + 10% of the sum in total. Additional work (graphic design, production) 105 euros/h, in addition of domain registration according to actual working hours. The expenses of Paytrail and Unigrafia will be deducted from the orders made via the site (e.g. annual cost of Paytrail 480 euros). If the website has to be launched e.g. one year before the conference, the designing of the site starts usually 15–18 months before the conference. The website itself can be created in a few weeks.
Applicable VAT will be added to prices above.
Conference site reference: http://nsa2016.org