ThingWorx IoT Platform
The user interface of the service is located at https://thingworx.aalto.fi.
Detailed information about ThingWorx platform including its documentation are available on the website of PTC at https://www.ptc.com/en/products/iiot/thingworx-platform.
- Storage and processing space for sensors data
- Communication on the IP protocol. Firewalling is defined case by case
- Bi-directional communication between sensors and the platform
- The server and sensor data are located in Aalto’s datacenter
- User and access control management
The user of ThingWorx service must handle all people related information according to the GDPR regulation. For example, IP addresses, location data or camera stream may contain personal information. If needed, consult IT Service Desk for assistance.
The data is stored in Aalto’s own datacenter. However, some data transmission technologies may save temporary copies of the data to network providers’ servers.
The service can be ordered by contacting to [email protected]. ITS provides light scale support via a consultation partner.
IoT devices must communicate directly on the IP protocol or via a dedicated IoT gateway. ThingWorx license allows not more than 7500 IoT devices in Aalto’s’ Thingworx environment.