International study opportunities
As an Aalto University student, you have excellent opportunities to become more internationally orientated and globally competent during your studies.
You can choose to
- study abroad in an exchange programme (link to Into)
- complete your degree in an international jointly organized Master's programme
- find an internship placement abroad (link to Career Services),
- as well as work actively in multicultural partnerships and projects during your studies at Aalto.
These opportunities allow you to gain knowledge and skills that are highly valued by employers.
As you gain international experience, you gain expertise that is beneficial for both your personal and professional life. You can learn foreign languages and get to know other cultures; enhance your employability with skills gained by working in an international environment and discover alternative ways of studying, working, thinking and living in general. In addition, the friends and contacts you make abroad will contribute to your life being wonderfully rich and diverse.
The university provides you with an easy access to an exchange or internship period abroad. There are plenty of exchange agreements with top universities of their field which allow you to spend a term or two abroad while advancing and complementing your degree studies for Aalto. You are guided and instructed in choosing a suitable destination, and your exchange and/or internship abroad is also supported by scholarships by Aalto.
Contact information for individual guidance
- Exchange opportunities: Schools’ contact persons
- Aalto Career Services guidance on internships abroad: [email protected]
- Internationally organized Master's programmes: please see the contact info of the programme of your interest