Generating Test Traffic
With the service you will be able to generate test traffic which may also contain threats. You will be able to include different protocols as you wish.
How can I order the service?
The service can be ordered from the IT Service Desk. A specialist from IT Services will help the user to define service parameters and in applying the service.
- You will be able to generate high-speed test traffic to test applications or to assist network research.
- The service is available everywhere where Aalto's fixed data network is present in the Otaniemi area.
The service will be operated by the Department of Communications and Networking, which will help to define service parameters and to use the service .
- Sprirent is able to generate statefull and stateless network traffic at the maximum rate of 100 Gbit/s.
- TeraVM uses its protocol library to produce traffic at maximum rate of 4 Gbit/s.
- 100 Gbit/s, 40 Gbit/s or 10 Gbit/s
- Rates below 10 Gbit/s can be offered via layer 2 switching infrastructure.
- Delay measurement accuracy is 2.5 us.
- The user will typically get 2 network interfaces, from where the traffic is coming and to where traffic is being sent. It is possible to use multiple subnets according to the test network topology.
- The service is offered via fiber infrastructure in the Otaniemi area.
- Via switching infrastructure the service can be offered to a wider area.
- Turnkey service where the personnel costs are targeted to the service user.
- Do-it-yourself service where the user gets 2 hours introduction and later maximum 1 day support.
- Hybrid model where the previous models are combined.
- The service can be offered as high-speed only to locations where a fiber connection is available from the TUAS building.
- When using the service on switching infrastructure, the test traffic must not slow Aalto's other network traffic significantly.
- The service can be used up to 1 week at a time.
To get support or to report incidents please send a service request to: [email protected]
The service has not any defined SLA levels. It will be offered as a best effort service during agreed hours. The fixing schedule of possible faults will be negotiated with the user case by case.