Juanjo Galan is an Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture at the Department of Architecture, Aalto University. Galan’s research focuses on Landscape Planning, Landscape Design, Sustainable Development, Regional & Urban Planning and, on a more general level, on the intersections between social and ecological systems.
MAIN INTERESTS AND RESEARCH FIELDS:
- Methodologies in landscape design
LANDSCAPE & URBAN PLANNING:
- Sustainability and Urban Planning
- Green urban systems.
- Ecologic principles in regional and local landscape interventions.
- Transformation of derelict or damaged sites
LANDSCAPE AND SUSTAINABLE REGIONAL PLANNING:
- Landscape Planning and Landscape Visual assessment.
- Methodologies for the use of Landscape inputs in Regional Planning.
- Regional Green Infrastructures as a planning and landscape tool.
- Public Participation in Landscape and territorial Planning (regional or local).
- Management and public use of Natural Areas and Green urban areas.
- Regional Sustainability and Regional Metabolisms