Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and shaping a sustainable future. Aalto has six schools with nearly 11,000 students and a staff of more than 4,000, of which 400 are professors. Our main campus is located in Espoo, Finland.
Social media manager
Are you a talented social media expert with a passion for learning, creativity and advancing science?
We are now looking for a Social media manager to support the growth and development of our social media channels. In this position, you will have a chance to make a difference by communicating about Aalto's world-class research, education and impact as well as strengthening our diverse community.
In this position, you are responsible for the planning, development and day-to-day operations of Aalto University's social media channels. You lead the implementation of our social media strategy and coordinate the content production & concept development. You support Aalto's communications and marketing professionals in producing content on research, science and educational activities in all Aalto's fields – technology, art, science, and business. At the same time, you build engagement by actively inviting our audiences to interact in our channels.
Your role and goals
The main tasks:
• Daily monitoring and updating of Aalto University's social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn); interaction & engagement with the audience
• Editorial support for Aalto's communications team and internal stakeholders in producing content for the university's social media channels
• Planning and execution of new concepts for social media in tight collaboration with your colleagues; producing visual content for channels such as Instagram
• Coordinating and leading a dedicated social media working group in developing and disseminating the best practices
• Management and implementation of our social media channel strategy
• Organising social media training for the communications team and other internal stakeholders
• Being constantly up-to-date with the newest developments of different social media channels and sharing the knowledge with the communications team
Your experience and ambitions
We are looking for an ambitious communications professional with a university degree and at least five years of proven experience in working with social media. Since you understand the tonality of different social media channels, you're able to develop content that thrives in different platforms. Since you will monitor, plan and produce content that is both in Finnish and English, it is crucial to have excellent writing and copy-editing skills in both languages. As a team player with the ability to provide actionable insights, you enjoy coaching and supporting others to succeed. You act according to Aalto's values of responsibility, courage and collaboration. Curiosity to learn and excellent skills for critical thinking make you a perfect fit for our academic community.
Your network and team
You will work as a member of the multi-channel content team with a growth mindset and dedicated, talented professionals. You report to the Senior communications manager for content, and your closest colleagues work as science editors, AV producers, and communications & marketing experts.
Ready to apply?
If you want to join our community of game changers and make a difference, please send your application letter, portfolio and CV no later than 5.7.2020 using the link "Apply now!" below.
This is a fixed position for one year.
If you wish to hear more about the position, you can reach out to Riikka Haikarainen, Senior Communications Manager, [email protected] and Laura Pyysalo, HR Coordinator, [email protected], with questions related to the application process.
More about Aalto University: