Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and a staff of more than 4000, of which 400 are professors. Our main campus is located in Espoo, Finland.
Aalto University IT Services supports our researchers, teachers, students and other staff by producing world class services that make their work easier, more flexible, comprehensive and secure regardless of time and location. We are a community of over 130 committed and talented IT experts.
Want to be a game changer?
We are now looking for a Salesforce Core Developer to join our team.
Your role and goals
As a Salesforce Core Developer, you lead the Software development on the Salesforce platform. Your role includes coding, configuration, testing, and debugging, as well as managing timelines and producing technical documentation. You have a unique opportunity to contribute to building a fully new Service Platform for Aalto. In this new role:
- You drive development on the Salesforce platform using a mixture of Salesforce specific (APEX/Visualforce/Lightning) and common development languages (Java).
- You specify and build integrations between Salesforce and 3rd party solutions using APIs
- You focus on developing Salesforce Platform and application services
- You act as Salesforce Major Release Readiness Lead - accountability & testing
You create new capabilities and your work will have a true impact on Aalto students, researchers and teachers. You will be able to shape your work based on your interest areas. At Aalto, we appreciate our employees’ ideas, capabilities and willingness to learn and develop.
What we offer
Aalto University is technically unique and interesting: we have a rich and versatile IT environment with significant cloud investment, leading edge technologies and latest developments in the field of IT research. We have an ambitious digitalization strategy and a diverse and vast community of innovative users.
We offer you an interesting, independent and contributing role in heart of Aalto’s digitalization. Although you are independently responsible of your own area of work, we offer you support and coaching when you feel you need it. We offer you great possibilities for competence development and career advancement as we are looking for potential to grow into even more demanding IT roles.
With us you will be part of an inspiring and supportive work community of ambitious game-changers who are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. We support a culture of learning and experimentation. We fail fast and learn faster – together.
Watch videos! Here you can find out what it is like to work in Aalto IT Services https://duunitori.fi/tyoelama/aalto-universitys-it-experts-in-spotlight
And here you can find what Aalto is all about https://www.youtube.com/user/aaltouniversity/featured
Your experience and ambitions
In order to succeed and enjoy working in this position, we hope that:
- You have proven experience in Salesforce development or you have acquired Trailhead skill-based learning e.g. App builder superbadges.
- You understand modern IT solutions, cloud services and their utilization (Salesforce).
- You have perseverance, systematicity and the ability to take responsibility even on busy schedules
- You working style is active, you have good social and cooperation skills, and you are able to communicate and collaborate with both technical and business-minded co-workers and partners.
- Our working language is English, so we expect you to have good English language skills. Finnish language skills are an advantage.
More than anything, we hope you are passionate about your field of work and enthusiastic about constantly innovating and learning something new together with others.
Ready to apply?
To hear more, you can reach out to Service Platforms Team Lead Petri Huhtariihi, mobile: +358 505740291, email: [email protected]
If you want to join our community, please submit your application through our recruitment system by Sunday 1.11.2020. As we are eager to find the right game changer to join our team, we will start reviewing applications immediately.