Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and a staff of more than 4000, of which 400 are professors. Our main campus is located in Espoo, Finland.
Aalto University IT Services supports our researchers, teachers, students and other staff by producing world class services that make their work easier, more flexible, comprehensive and secure regardless of time and location. We are a community of over 130 committed and talented IT experts.
Want to be a game changer?
We are now looking for an IT Solution Owner for Research Intelligence to join our team.
Your role and goals
You serve as a solution area owner, and function as a key IT point of contact for research information systems. You manage the development, decision-making and priority setting on your solution area.
You have experience of data and IT systems and you can propose efficient and innovative ways to secure information quality and improve workflows. In this role, you ensure data integrity in Aalto University key research information systems (from funding to outputs) as well as developing and maintaining the processes and analytics capabilities. Your input will be vital for the success of Aalto’s research. In particular, you will be responsible for the development of two systems: one used when applying for external research funding, and one to collect various types of research and artistic outputs.
You identify areas for data quality improvements and help to resolve congruent and reliable issues through the error detection and process design. You focus on high impact areas and ask smart questions and capture value to improve analytics capabilities. You understand data as a managed strategic asset, and you are familiar with information systems and data warehouses. As the solution area owner, you are providing leadership and architectural direction that ensures the research information IT infrastructure is reliable and scalable.
You will work closely with the open science team, data stewards, project managers, vendors and IT experts managing research information systems and turning data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to data driven decisions and impact reports.
What we offer
Aalto University is technically unique and interesting: we have a rich and versatile IT environment with leading edge technologies and latest developments in the field of IT research. Our significant in-house IT resources and capabilities enable experimenting and committed long-term IT development. We have an ambitious digitalization strategy and a diverse and vast community of innovative users.
We offer you an interesting, independent and contributing role in heart of Aalto’s digitalization. Although you are independently responsible of your own area of work, we offer you support and coaching when you feel you need it. We offer you great possibilities for competence development and career advancement as we are looking for potential to grow into even more demanding IT roles.
With us you will be part of an inspiring and supportive work community of ambitious game-changers who are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. We support a culture of learning and experimentation. We fail fast and learn fast – together.
Find out what it is like to work in Aalto IT Services here: Read the article and watch the video. https://duunitori.fi/tyoelama/aalto-universitys-it-experts-in-spotlight
And here you can find what Aalto is all about https://www.youtube.com/user/aaltouniversity/featured
Your experience and ambitions
To excel in the position, we wish you to have:
- Working experience with data with a proven ability to deliver results.
- Working experience within a research/IT or/and higher education environment.
- Master or bachelor level education in related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Understanding of research information processes and system integrations preferred.
- Technical and vendor management capabilities for SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics, Power BI, Elsevier's Pure and SQL Server preferred.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and effectively managing long- and short-term projects, from start to finish.
- Flexible, open-minded and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and willingness and ability to learn.
- Good command of English, in Aalto University’s international working environment. A good command of Finnish is an advantage.
- In this role, you must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, build alliances and achieve desired results using interpersonal and diplomacy skills. You will work closely with others on intangible issues across organizational and service-entity boundaries.
- Most of all, we are looking for a great person that fits our team!
Ready to apply?
For more information about this position, please contact Head of IT Solutions for Research Juha Juvonen on August 4th between 9.00 and 10.00 or August 5th between 15.00-16.00 (+358405088140).
If you want to join our community, please submit your application through our recruitment system by Monday 10.8.2020. We are looking forward to getting to know you!