Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and a staff of more than 4000, of which 400 are professors. Our main campus is located in Espoo, Finland.
Aalto University IT Services supports our researchers, teachers, students and other staff by producing world class services that make their work easier, more flexible, comprehensive and secure regardless of time and location. We are a community of over 130 committed and talented IT experts.
Want to be a game changer?
We are now looking for an Identity and Access Management Developer to join our team.
Your role and goals
As an IAM Developer, you design, specify and implement identity and access management actions on the IdM -platform and system. In this new role :
- You are responsible for designing and developing identity and access management specifications that will be used in Aalto University services for teaching and learning, research and support services.
- You are responsible for implementation of the specifications in different projects and development activities.
- You support with activities across whole identity lifecycle from initial specifications to deployment and maintenance.
- You are an active member of our experienced IAM virtual team.
You create new capabilities and your work will have a true impact on Aalto students, researchers and teachers. You will be able to shape your work based on your interest areas. At Aalto, we appreciate our employees’ ideas, capabilities and willingness to learn and develop.
What we offer
Aalto University is technically unique and interesting: we have a rich and versatile IT environment with significant cloud investment, leading edge technologies and latest developments in the field of IT research. We have an ambitious digitalization strategy and a diverse and vast community of innovative users.
We offer you an interesting, independent and contributing role in heart of Aalto’s digitalization. Although you are independently responsible of your own area of work, we offer you support and coaching when you feel you need it. We offer you great possibilities for competence development and career advancement as we are looking for potential to grow into even more demanding IT roles.
Our team combines high technical expertise and fun. In our team we have both deep technical knowledge and a willingness to help each other. Our IAM area capabilities are nationally acknowledged. You will have a possibility to influence nation-wide decisions regarding identity and access management principles of higher education in Finland.
With us you will be part of an inspiring and supportive work community of ambitious game-changers who are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. We support a culture of learning and experimentation. We fail fast and learn faster – together.
Watch videos! Here you can find out what it is like to work in Aalto IT Services https://duunitori.fi/tyoelama/aalto-universitys-it-experts-in-spotlight
And here you can find what Aalto is all about https://www.youtube.com/user/aaltouniversity/featured
Your experience and ambitions
In order to succeed and enjoy working in this position, we hope that:
- You understand identity and access management principles, Microsoft Active Directory and MS SQL databases.
- You have experience of programming or scripting, especially Powershell and Visual Basic (.Net), SQL is also helpful.
- Experience of One Identity Identity Manager and Ubisecure SSO and CustomerID products are appreciated but not required.
- Experience of cloud platforms (e.g., Microsoft M365) and software development is also considered a benefit.
- Your working style is active, you have good social and cooperation skills, and you are able to communicate and collaborate with both technical and business-minded co-workers and partners.
- Our working language is English, so we expect you to have good English language skills. Finnish language skills are an advantage.
More than anything, we hope you have positive attitude to learn, work together with others and develop your existing skills further.
Ready to apply?
To hear more, you can reach out to Interoperability Team Lead Elena Pirinen mobile: +358 50 577 8870, email: [email protected]
If you want to join our community, please submit your application through our recruitment system by Sunday 29.11.2020. As we are eager to find the right game changer to join our team, we will start reviewing applications immediately.