Doctoral Candidate Position (Technology Education) at Aalto University School of Engineering
In this position, you will work as a part of a recently established Technology Education research group at Aalto University School of Engineering. The research group focuses on development of multidisciplinary technology education with research interests pertaining to the collaborative practices of planning, implementing, and evaluating technology education on all levels of the educational system. The position is located at Otaniemi Campus, in Aalto Design Factory (designfactory.aalto.fi). Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, remote work is recommended.
The main task of this funded full-time position is to prepare a thesis plan to apply for research funding and a position at Aalto Doctoral Programme in Engineering. When these objectives are met, the contract may be extended after 2021.
A successful candidate for this position should have:
- Master’s degree in Education, Engineering, or another relevant field
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English
- Commitment to apply for a position in Aalto Doctoral Programme in Engineering
(please check the criteria https://into.aalto.fi/display/endoctoraleng/How+to+apply) and complete the thesis within four years
- Motivation and ability to apply for funding for doctoral research and conference participations
- Motivation and ability to publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
The following skills, knowledges and abilities are highly appreciated:
- Verbal and written communication skills in Finnish
- Experience in education, technology and/or research related tasks
- Pedagogical qualifications
Contract and salary
The fixed term Doctoral Candidate contract is for one year, during which you will apply for funding for an extension of 4 years. Aalto University follows the salary system of Finnish universities. The contract includes occupational healthcare. Preferable starting time is 1.1.2021.
For more information
If you wish to hear more about the position, please contact Professor of Practice Maria Clavert, [email protected], tel. +358 50 5213044. For the recruitment process related questions, please contact Coordinator Kirsi Kärkkäinen, [email protected]
How to apply
Please send your application at earliest convenience to the Aalto University recruitment system, by November 15th, 2020 ('Apply now').
The application should include the following appendixes:
- Motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) that outlines your relevant past studies and other experiences as well as your motivation towards this position
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages), including references and a list of publications
- Transcript of Master’s degree studies
Aalto University reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period and to consider also candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.
In Espoo 9.10.2020