Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto has six schools with nearly 11,000 students and a staff of more than 4000, of which 400 are professors. Our main campus is located in Espoo, Finland. Read more about Aalto as a working environment
The School of Arts, Design and Architecture (ARTS) is an institution of higher education for design, media, architecture, motion picture, art education and art. The current key areas of research are design, digital media, audiovisual representation, art, visual culture, welfare architecture and emerging technologies as well as urban planning and design. The school produces specialists and innovators of art, design and architecture with strong artistic and technical skills.
Department of Design is an academic community of approximately 850 students, 70 doctoral students and 70 faculty members. The department conducts research and provides education in bachelor, master and doctoral programmes across a broad range of subjects and themes. The Department of Design is part of School of Arts, Design and Architecture (Aalto ARTS), located on the Otaniemi campus. The QS Rankings put Aalto ARTS to 7th place in the world (2020). Additional information about the department can be found online: http://design.aalto.fi/en/.
We are looking for a:
Department of Design at Aalto University School of arts, design and architecture is hiring a doctoral candidate level researcher for a Nordic research project ‘Civic Agency in Public E-service innovation’. The project aims at creating co-innovation hubs in public libraries for improved civic engagement in online service development. The project puts emphasis on involving user groups that are often marginalized from service innovation. The project goals include democratizing service development practices in Nordic countries and increasing knowledge on the impact of civic engagement and collaborative design. The researcher’s tasks include planning and implementing user engagement pilots together with the project partners, reviewing and analyzing the success of the pilots and dissemination of the results.
The position is with full-time allocation and fixed term 10/2020 - 9/2023.
A qualified candidate for the position has:
- master level degree in interaction design or corresponding qualifications
- doctoral student status and good research competences
- good knowledge of interaction design, collaborative design and design ethics
- good interaction and collaboration skills including fluent English. Finnish and Swedish skills are merits
- previous experience in Nordic research collaboration is a merit
How to apply:
The application should include:
- A motivation letter that in at most 2 pages outlines your past research activities and explains why you would be the ideal candidate for this position.
- A short CV (at most 2 pages).
- Research plan (doctoral student, https://into.aalto.fi/display/endoctoralarts/Research+plan)
- Contact details for two referees.
Please submit your application through our recruiting system by using "Apply now!" link below. The deadline for applications is September 23, 2020. Further information may be obtained from Professor Turkka Keinonen turkka.keinonen(a)aalto.fi.