Digital Content Producer
Application closes on
Aalto University is where science and art meet technology and business. We shape a sustainable future by making research breakthroughs in and across our disciplines, sparking the game changers of tomorrow and creating novel solutions to major global challenges. Our community is made up of over 12,000 students, 400 professors and more than 4,000 other faculty and staff working on our dynamic campus in Espoo, Greater Helsinki, Finland. Diversity is part of who we are, and we actively work to ensure our community’s diversity and inclusiveness. This is why we warmly encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to join our community.
Digital Content Producer
Are you a content whiz? Do you enjoy working across channels and tools, and helping others produce truly engaging content? We are looking for a digital content producer to join the Content and Media team in Communications Services.
The digital content producer will play an instrumental role in developing content for Aalto University’s social media channels and website. With a deep understanding of digital trends and interest in brand building, the producer will create top-notch, impactful content on topics and work related to Aalto’s key differentiators and brand communications efforts. To this end, the producer will actively identify and produce social-first stories, as well as advise on content production best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Produce social media and web content on Aalto’s key differentiators and brand communications efforts to help establish recognizable narrative in channels
- Create and develop concepts for social media and web content for wider use
- Keep tabs of hot topics in social media, with aim of feeding content into broader conversations on priority issues and brand differentiators
- Support and advise communications colleagues on digital content best practices
- Handle day-to-day community management on social media, including monitoring and interacting with users
- Assist in carrying out crisis communications efforts on social media, via close collaboration with colleagues
Who we’re looking for:
- You write, edit and produce outstanding digital stories, both in Finnish and English.
- You understand the fast-paced, ever-changing social media landscape and are ready to act when needs arise. Occasionally this may require working during off-hours.
- While your heart may beat for social media, you also enjoy developing dynamic web content (e.g. features, news) with strong visual elements.
- You have full command of digital tools for social media and web publishing.
- With your excellent social skills, you are comfortable advising others and can jump quickly into new projects.
- You have 3+ years of directly relevant experience and a university degree.
What we offer:
- An inspiring environment. We are proud of our community’s work to shape a sustainable future. At Aalto, we spark the game changers of tomorrow, and renew society with research-based knowledge, creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- A culture that includes everyone. All our work is guided by the values of the university: responsibility, courage, and collaboration. It’s the people that create Aalto, now and in the future. We want to be an open community where equality and inclusion enable curiosity, innovation, collaboration and wellbeing.
- A meaningful role in which you’ll help Aalto share its story with the world. You’ll collaborate and create with a great team of highly skilled content, media, marketing, brand and event professionals.
We work in a hybrid way, and our primary workplace is in Otaniemi, Espoo. The Otaniemi campus is a thriving and connected community of 100 nationalities, 12,000 students and 4,500 employees. Life at the transformed campus is vibrant and filled with amazing architecture, calming nature, and a variety of cafes, restaurants, services and good connections along the metro line.
If we sound like a right fit for you, please submit your CV and cover letter in English or in Finnish by 31 August through our recruitment system. If you wish to learn more about the position, you can call our Head of Content and Media Kate Jurva (+358 50 4346805) on 10 August at 9-10 or 12 August at 14-16.
We will go through applications, and we may invite suitable candidates to interview already during the application period. You will hear from us during the last week of August at the latest. We aim to have a transparent and equal recruitment process, so feel free to ask us for feedback.
More about Aalto University: