Design Product Owner, Digital Experience
Application closes on
Aalto University is where science and art meet technology and business. We shape a sustainable future by making research breakthroughs in and across our disciplines, sparking the game changers of tomorrow and creating novel solutions to major global challenges. Our community is made up of over 12,000 students, 400 professors and more than 4,000 other faculty and staff working on our dynamic campus in Espoo, Greater Helsinki, Finland. Diversity is part of who we are, and we actively work to ensure our community’s diversity and inclusiveness. This is why we warmly encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to join our community.
Are you passionate about creating great user experiences and have an eye for functional design? Do you want to be involved in driving digital transformation? Do you have a collaborative mindset and work well with designers and developers?
We are now looking for a Design Product Owner to help steer Aalto’s Digital Experience (Aalto DX) and enable high quality design outputs and digital development. In this role you will be responsible for the operational efficiency of internal and external design teams, managing workflows and communicating project updates to different stakeholders. You will work closely with colleagues from the Brand team to ensure transparency and understanding of brand development and strategies and apply this knowledge when specifying design needs.
As part of the Digital Experience and Analytics team you will work with faculty, and service personnel to ensure they have the tools and knowledge to showcase their work in the digital space. You will take part in the developmental process by gathering user feedback, suggesting new ideas and improvements, outlining design specifications, and reviewing and testing prototypes and technical development.
- Manage and improve processes that allow designers and developers to succeed
- Work with agency partners and in-house design team to bring the Aalto Brand to life in the digital space
- Set goals and define scope, prioritise tasks and allocate resources for all design related requests
- Support the delivery of web and digital production projects
- Create roadmaps and track project progression and budgets
- Communicate project status
- Work across teams to create strong relationships and gain buy-in with stakeholders and leadership teams
Your experience, mindset and skillset
We are looking for an ambitious and development minded digital experience professional, with a positive attitude and strong sense of ownership. You are solution orientated and are eager to help your team succeed. You have experience working with design and development processes and are familiar with the agile way of working.
- Skilled in project management
- Understanding of how brand, design and product intersect
- Knowledgeable in user experience (UX) and/or service design
- Problem solving skills with proactive mindset and can-do attitude
- Big picture thinker with an eye for details
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English. Finnish is not required but seen as an advantage
What we offer
- Meaningful and inspiring environment. We are proud of our purpose to shape a sustainable future. We spark the game changers of tomorrow, and renew society with research-based knowledge, creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Culture that inspires and includes everyone. All our work is guided by the values of the university: responsibility, courage, and collaboration. It’s the people that create Aalto, now and in the future. We want to be an open community where equality and inclusion enable curiosity, innovation, collaboration and wellbeing.
- Responsible and meaningful role with true impact on Aalto’s Digital Experience for over a million yearly users.
- Support, coaching and sparring when you feel you need it.
- Great possibilities for competence development and learning. We constantly keep learning to find the most impactful ways to empower – and invest in – our people.
Our vast array of professional development opportunities means you will grow and learn, having the chance to participate actively in staff trainings and development projects based on your interests and needs. There is great freedom in your role, and we have a flexible modern working culture. We value work-life balance and well-being in all aspects of life.
We work in a hybrid way, and the primary workplace is Otaniemi, Espoo. The Otaniemi campus is a thriving and connected community of 100 nationalities, 12,000 students and 4,500 employees. Life at the transformed campus is vibrant and filled with amazing architecture, calming nature, and a variety of cafes, restaurants, services and good connections along the recently opened metro line.
If we sound like a right fit for you, please submit your CV and cover letter by 21st of August through our recruitment system. If you wish to learn more about the position, you can contact our Head of Digital Experience and Analytics, Robert Salvén on +358 50 537 9400.
We will go through applications, and we may invite suitable candidates to interview already during the application period. You will hear from us the latest in the last week of August. We aim to have a transparent and equal recruitment process, so feel free to ask us for feedback.
More about Aalto University: