Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and nearly 400 professors. Our campus is located in Espoo, Finland.
Aalto University's data analytics services are expanding and needs more know-how. Perhaps you are the new
we are looking for.
At Aalto University, you are responsible for analyzing the quality and content of data and for importing data from information sources for the purposes of visualization, analytics and machine learning. You will also get involved in developing new analytics and reporting solutions. Currently we are working on a reform to use data to support everyone from students to teachers, services and leadership – bringing Aalto to a new era of utilizing data to support even more its core functions.You will work as part of the Management Information Services (MIS) team of about ten people, and your closest colleagues will be two other Data Engineers. Please read: Management Information Services at Aalto.
We expect you to have
- educational background in computer science, information technology or similar, and sufficient mathematical and technical skills
- understanding of concepts, principles and practices for database and data modeling
- fluent SQL knowledge and relative thinking: versatile ability to collect, clean, combine, filter and aggregate data
- proficiency of a modern BI / reporting tool (e.g. Power BI)
- interest and skills to analyze information and the underlying phenomena and to make them visible to end-users instead of the "technology first" approach
- diligence and customer service.
- ability to do smaller-scale development in a common programming language (e.g. Python)
- a deeper understanding of a particular area of the university environment (e.g. teaching or research)
- knowledge of machine learning methods.
We offer you
- a perspective on the scope of science, art and education and related data
- international work community, innovative environment, team that values knowledge and encourages development
- freedom and responsibility for independent work on a nice campus of unique architecture with excellent transport links
- exceptional educational opportunities (including the University's extensive course offering and library)
- a wide range of other services (healthcare, library, physical activity, etc.); a work place to which people will return.
You are interested in information and analytics and how to use them, and you want to constantly learn and develop yourself and your work. You have good team and interaction skills both in Finnish and English.
If you can identify yourself and are interested, please send your application letter and CV through our recruitment system by 15.12.2019. For further information, please contact Matti Apajalahti, [email protected], puh. +358 50 384 1730.