Application closes on
Aalto University School of Science, Department of Computer Science, is currently looking for a
for a fixed term position until the end of 2022, with a possibility of extension.
The position is an administrative research coordinator working with Academy Professor Samuel Kaski at the Probabilistic Machine Learning research group. The group consists of 40+ researchers and develops probabilistic modelling and Bayesian inference methods for machine learning and artificial intelligence, applying them with experts of other fields, with current highlights in user interaction, medicine, biology, neuroscience and business. The group is part of the Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence FCAI, a major research initiative, funded by the Academy of Finland flagship program, and directed by prof. Kaski.
The diverse tasks of the Coordinator include:
- Liaising between the research group and the administrative staff of the department and the university (e.g. finance, HR and Research and Innovation Services)
- Organizing various events
- Designing and managing both internal and external communications of the group (incl. website, wiki, social media)
- Research and project support
- support in writing funding proposals and research papers
- writing various reports including e.g. project achievement summaries
- help with media releases and editing news
- Designing, coordinating and improving administrative processes of the group
With us you will experience an inspiring, multicultural working environment with excellent opportunity to develop yourself further by taking on more demanding tasks depending on your interests, skills and experience. For instance, you can participate in preparing high-level research initiatives such as grant applications to the European Research Council (ERC) and EU, and actively participate in the administration of the Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence FCAI. This position offers a vantage point to top-level research and an excellent opportunity to establish yourself as a professional in research administration.
To succeed in this post, you need strong organizational skills and both ability and interest to work with different types of people. Effectiveness, diligence and hands-on attitude are a must. The job requires fluency in Finnish and English, and excellence in written English is a strong plus.
- prior experience in arranging events (with 50 or more participants);
- fluency with various web-related tools and wiki. Experience with LaTeX and related tools is considered an advantage;
- experience in people-related issues and administrative tasks;
- previous experience in research and project support and communications is a big plus
Applicable polytechnic or Master’s level degree is expected, and doctoral degree is considered a merit. Also students with suitable experience may be considered.
Ready to apply?
Come and join our excellent team by submitting your application through our recruitment system here: https://rekry.saima.fi/aaltohome/aew.html?did=5900&lang=fi&job_id=2354&jc=6.
Attach your CV and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Please send your application as soon as possible and no later than May 28th, 2019 - we will start the interviews already during the application period. We hope that you can start as soon as possible, the exact starting date to be agreed with the supervisor.
For more information, please contact Professor Samuel Kaski: ([email protected]/ +358 50 305 8694 - email preferred because of travels) or in recruitment process related questions HR Coordinator Laura Kuusisto-Noponen ([email protected]/ +358 50341 0145).
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has been ranked the 9th best young university in the world (Top 50 under 50, QS 2018). Aalto has six schools located in the capital area of Finland.