Communications Expert – Radical Creativity Production
Application closes on
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We shape a sustainable future by making research breakthroughs and innovations in and across our disciplines. We spark the game changers of tomorrow and create radical solutions to wicked global challenges. Our community is made up of over 12 000 students, 400 professors and close to 5 000 other faculty and staff working on our dynamic campus in Espoo, Greater Helsinki, Finland.
Radical Creativity is one of the cross-cutting themes of Aalto University’s strategy. By fostering radical creativity, together we can make impact and find sustainable solutions. We empower an experimental culture by building the spaces and practices that encourage us to break boundaries and create novel perspectives.
We are now seeking for a passionate
Communications Expert for Radical Creativity Production
Does your heart beat for creativity? Do you believe that creativity is a great starting point for telling a good story and getting people to listen? If yes, we would like you to join us! We need you to help us make the impact of our creativity known to the world.
Your role and goals
Your task is to produce the Radical Creativity showcase which promotes the leader role of Aalto University as a driver of multidisciplinary creativity and innovation. The showcase will consist of high-quality and high-visibility film and article series, communication campaigns and events. The showcase will also work as the vibrant communications which pull audiences into the Aalto Creativity massive open online course (MOOC), and part of the showcase will work as the content of the course.
The Communications Expert / Producer
- Has related degree and experience in producing media/communications/events projects
- Has an in-depth understanding of different medias for effective and engaging audiovisuals
- Recognises extraordinary creativity in the university and its alumni and creates an action plan for communicating about it
- Plans and implements the showcase in collaboration with the representatives from Radical Creativity, Communication Services, Learning Services and the Aalto schools to meet the needs of the various fields and disciplines at Aalto University
- Plays a key role in finding the right partners and that our operations support the strategic goals of Radical Creativity.
You would be part of our enthusiastic and ambitious community of creativity, communication and learning experts who are eager to collaborate and support you in your work. You would join the Radical Creativity team in Aalto University's Leadership Support Services, and your post is for a fixed period from 1.9.2022 to 31.12.2024. Start date is negotiable.
Your experience and ambitions
You exude the confidence and serenity of an experienced producer. Your strategic mindset helps achieving our long-term goals. You also have a true hands-on-attitude and you make things happen with a strong focus on execution. It is important for us that you have work experience in creating production and communication plans, identifying and analysing interesting material for storytelling and creating narratives based on data points. Storytelling is your passion and you can bring the narrative to life using words as well as visual and audio-visual content.
You are not afraid to take responsibility and to work independently but you are at the same time a reliable team player. You are excellent at building collaborative networks. You find your way through changing situations with the help of your great interaction and budgeting skills.
We require you to have an understanding of creativity and creative work. We value your interest in creativity as a multidisciplinary phenomenon and as a way of doing. In addition, we value your interest in research and education.
What we offer
- Responsible and meaningful role with true impact in our university’s success, and in the end, in the wellbeing and sustainable future.
- Inspiring environment. We renew society with research-based knowledge, creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Culture that includes everyone. It is the people that create Aalto. We want to be an open community where equality and inclusion enable curiosity and collaboration.
- Great possibilities for competence development and learning. We constantly keep learning to find the most impactful ways to empower – and invest in – our people.
- Competitive salary based on the university pay system and on your experience.
- Flexible modern working culture. We value work-life balance and well-being in all aspects of life.
If you want to join our community, please submit your free-format application and CV through our recruitment system by 14.8.2022. If you are an Aalto employee, please apply via our internal Workday system.
If you wish to hear more about the position, you can reach out to Riikka Mäkikoskela, Head of Radical Creativity, [email protected], 045 1313 562 (available by phone 28.6. at 14-16, 11.7. at 10-12 and 8.8. at 9-11), or Tiina Toivola, Communications Manager for Radical Creativity, [email protected], available until 1.7., between 11.-19.7., and after 8.8.
More about Aalto University: