Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and a staff of more than 4000, of which 400 are professors. Our campus is located in Espoo.
Would you like to create international business from research and be part of deep tech startup?
We are now looking for
BUSINESS DEVELOPERS (3 positions)
to join a team of research experts with pool of mentors for these cases:
1. School of Science: Smart probe for improved biopsies in cancer management
2. School of Electrical Engineering: Innovative wireless charging solution
3. School of Electrical Engineering: Revolutionary cancer diagnose solution
Your role and goals
You wlll actively identify partners for the project and negotiate with them. You also prepare commercialization paths to meet the potential clients demand. Important task is to make go-to market plan for the services and products of the project and map out different commercialization options e.g. start-up establishment.
What we offer
We offer meaningful job where you can create business from research in international environment. You’ll get the support of the research team, mentors, Aalto innovation services and the active Aalto community. After the project, there is a possibility that you could become part of the new deep tech startup as a CEO or Business Director.
- Fluency in English and Finnish language
- Experience in business development, commercialization and entrepreneurship
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds
- Excellent teamwork, negotiation and communications skills
- Experience in the industry of the project is not required, but some exposure and/or a willingness to learn helps
You are employed by Aalto University for the duration of the project. The cases are currently applying for the funding and the employment is subject to a positive funding decision of Business Finland (exception is case 1 which already has the funding and project is running). The projects typically last 1–2 years. The position can be either full-time or part-time depending on your skills and role.
If you want to join our community of game changers, please submit your application through our recruitment system on Aalto University´s web page. Please include CV, application letter with salary request and references.
The call is open until 2nd of March 2020, but we will start reviewing and interviewing candidates immediately. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Also, if you wish to hear on our other cases in the future, please let us know. We are recruiting business developers several times a year. Note that we are not looking consultancy type of arrangements, rather a team member who is employed by Aalto, and would be interested also in participating in potential future spin-outs.
If you wish to hear more about the positions, please contact the following case owners:
- Position of case 1: Innovation Advisor, Tuomas Planman, +358 46 921 2280, [email protected]
- Positions of cases 2–3: Innovation Advisor, Pekka Kettunen, +358 50 594 7050, [email protected]
More information about Business Finland Research to Business funding:
For more information about Aalto University innovation projects: https://innovation.aalto.fi.