Summer Internship 2015 in the Department of Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science is looking for summer interns to research and development projects in June–August 2015. The interns will work as members of a research group or a team preparing teaching material. Each intern will have a personal supervisor that guides the work during the summer. Possible research areas include:
- Mobile computing
- Mobile crowdsensing
- Mobile cloud computing
- Mobile gaming
- Adaptive mobile multimedia systems
- Big data
- Cloud datastores
- Scalable cloud computing
- Secure systems
- Learning technologies
- Global software engineering
- Empirical study of continuous integrations
- …and many more…
- Complex event processing
- Web of data
The summer interns must be students of Aalto University (including international Master’s programme students) and they should be successful in their studies and have an interest in research work. Both Bachelor and Master students can apply. Please note, that there will be an additional call only for first-year BSc students in March.
The work done as a summer intern can often be included in studies as a special assignment or as work experience credits. Bachelor students are expected to write their Bachelor thesis during the summer. Successful interns often continue working in the group as a teaching or research assistant or find a topic for Master's thesis.
Applications should include:
- Concise cover letter (max three sentences)
- CV of (max two pages) including:
- relevant work experience
- which programming languages you know well and how much experience you have in programming
- Short motivation statement (max one page) including:
- your motivation for the application, and why you would be right for this position
- research groups and technology areas in which you would like to work
- preferred type of work: software development, laboratory measurements, simulations, mathematical modeling, data analysis, user studies etc.
- possible interest in a Bachelor thesis project
- optionally name your preferred supervisor from the research staff, and any topic that you have previously discussed
- Current study record (unofficial OODI transcript as pdf), and courses currently attended
Applications should be submitted to the Aalto University recruitment system: http://www.aalto.fi/en/about/careers/jobs/view/402/
The deadline for the applications is February 4, 2015. Inquiries about the application process should be made to HR Coordinator Laura Kuusisto-Noponen ([email protected]), and questions about potential project topics to the relevant research groups.