Suggest the next Electrical Engineering Alumnus of the Year
The Alumnus of the Year 2021 distinction for the School of Electrical Engineering will be awarded to an alumnus, who has
- carried out pioneering or excellent work in the field of electrical engineering,
- increased the school’s visibility,
- increased interaction between the school, society and alumni,
- had an influential role in society,
- graduated with one of the following degrees; Master of Science (Technology), Licentiate of Science (Technology), Doctor of Science (Technology) or PhD,
- graduated from either the Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering or the Helsinki University of Technology's Faculty of Electronics, Communications and Automation or Department of Electrical Engineering.
Suggestions can be submitted by the school's students, departments, independent or service units, staff, alumni, guild or student organisation. Submit your suggestion by filling out this form by 27 September 2021.
The Alumnus of the Year will be selected by the school's dean, and the selection will be announced on 23 October 2021 at SIK100 Seminar.
The Alumnus of the Year is hoped to actively participate in various Aalto University events organised for students and alumni.
2016: CEO, D.Sc. (Tech.) Varun Singh, Callstat.io
Varun Singh Alumnus of the Year of the School of Electrical Engineering in 2016
2017: CEO, D.Sc. (Tech.) Kimmo Kalliola, Quuppa Oy
Kimmo Kalliola is Alumnus of the Year 2017 of the School of Electrical Engineering
2018: D.Sc. (Tech.) Matti Alahuhta
Alumnus of the Year Matti Alahuhta emphasises the importance of continual learning
2019: Director-General, M. Sc. (Tech.) Kirsi Karlamaa, The Finnish Transport and Communications Agency
Alumna of the Year Kirsi Karlamaa: ‘If you want to change society, study electrical engineering’
2020: CEO, D.Sc. (Tech) Siamäk Naghian, Genelec Oy
School of Electrical Engineering Alumnus of the Year Siamäk Naghian: The university gave me a path into Finnish society
Dean Jyri Hämäläinen
050 316 0975
Alumni and Corporate Relations Manager Seppo Saastamoinen
050 365 370