Aalto software license catalogue published
It is an up-to-date view on license portfolio available for all Aalto users.
The goal of the license catalogue is to
- Save end users' time and effort when they check license information themselves instead of asking IT to e.g. find if Aalto already has a specific license
- Promote the use of existing licenses
- Enable cost savings with license procurement as number of duplicate licenses is reduced
- Help users find suitable applications
- Enable software packaging for automated deployment to e.g. classrooms
License catalogue is available here:Software Licenses
A tool for software license management
License module in eSupport has been taken into use for managing Aalto University license information. Part of this information is published on inside.aalto.fi as a license catalogue. It replaced the manually maintained IT solution list on inside.aalto.fi.
Updating of license information has been agreed with schools’ ICT groups. The information is maintained by license responsibles. The advantages of license management for license responsibles is e.g. that they get an automated notification when a license contract is about to expire.
Should you need a software license not listed here, further information on license procurement can be found at Licenses and license procurement
If you have questions regarding a specific license or use of the software, please contact the person listed in the table. If you own a license and would like to include it in the list, please contact [email protected].
With license regards,
Aalto IT Services