Aalto University offers study rights without fees to Ukraine’s university students - applications now open
Who can apply
The study right may be granted to students who have a valid right to study towards a degree at a Ukrainian university, and who either have Ukrainian citizenship or have been granted asylum by Ukraine, and whose studies have been interrupted by the war.
How to apply
17 December 2022 – 11 June 2023 (15.00, Finnish time: GMT +2:00, from 26 March 2023: GMT +3:00).
Please note, that you should apply as early as possible before the courses start. We recommend you submit a complete application at least 3 weeks before the intended start of studies.
- An account by the applicant or by the applicant’s home university of the applicant’s major, academic performance, content of studies, date the applicant began studies, and the applicant’s target degree.
- Possible degree certificate, transcript of records or the equivalent (e.g. a photo or a screenshot).
- A preliminary study plan: please draft a study plan by choosing suitable courses from the school-specific study-listings below.
- A copy, a photo or a screenshot of the applicant’s passport.
Ukrainian non-degree students can apply to offered courses as long as they have the prerequisite knowledge and skills to attend the course.
Most of the courses offered in English are on master's level. Bachelor’s degree students on the final stage of their degree can take master level courses, provided that they have the prerequisite knowledge and skills for the courses.
In some cases, there may be restrictions on participation (e.g. course availability restricted only for students of certain major or priority given to the degree students of the school), but applicant will be informed of these once their application and study plan has been checked.
Link to on-line application form
Admission criteria and process
The study right is granted based on:
- the application,
- the student’s preliminary study plan,
- the content of the previous studies,
- the amount of studies previously completed,
- English language skills,
- and/or a possible interview
The student needs a sufficient level of proficiency in English for their studies at Aalto.
The study rights are offered for applicants who meet the selection criteria on a first-come-first-served basis as long as there are places left on the courses.
Applicants are notified of their admission decision as soon as possible after submitting a complete application, normally within 3 weeks.
Start of studies
The study right begins after the applicant’s student status has been approved. The study right will end at 31 December 2023 at the latest.
What can be studied
The non-degree study right entitles the student to complete individual courses (or study modules, e.g. minors), but not a degree.
Students may apply to Aalto University for bachelor’s or master’s degree studies as part of the normal admissions procedure.
For further questions and information, please contact: [email protected]