Editors’ checklist − What to do before 8 June deadline?
We have a little over two weeks time to finalise the content for the aalto.fi demo site. If you need any help with your content or using Drupal, please come and meet us at drop-in sessions. There are three more clinics before the deadline. Kindly, check the dates and venues on Inside. We are happy to help with any questions you may have on the matter.
You are invited to give feedback about any missing or malfunctioning content through the feedback tool on each page.
Checklist for what to do before 8 June
- Log into Drupal with your Aalto ID. You will be granted editing access max. two hours after logging in (during office hours).
- Read the instructions. Remember, that you might need to edit both articles and services.
- Read through your articles and focus on the following tasks:
- Focus on the text. You’ll have time to add images later.
- Edit your content. Make sure all information is correct.
- When you approve all your content for translations, let us now asap at [email protected]!
Checklist for what to do before 15 June
- Correct the links, please. Remember, that we cannot use links directing to Inside and the current aalto.fi as both platforms will be replaced with the new one.
- Do you have attachments that need to be added into articles? If so, familiarise yourself with the components in Drupal (Add File: Attachments) and download attachments according to instructions.
What happens next in the project?
- Translating the content starts after 8 June.
- The demo site will be published on 15 June to people outside the university
- New components and improvements will take place on a daily basis.
- We will start to build search.
- All feedback will be processed and followed up, if needed.
- Analysing our new communications platform is taken to the next level as we get more traffic onsite.
- Research group content will be transferred into Drupal during the weeks of 22 and 23.
- News & Events functionality will be implemented before 15 June.
- Employee profiles will be imported into Drupal from Aalto People before 15 June.
- Studies will be designed for autumn launch.
- Location (buildings on the campus area) content will be created into Drupal.
The project team will keep you posted and communicate when major improvements or changes are implemented. Detailed Drupal trainings will start in August 2018. Before that, please visit our drop-in sessions or contact us via feedback forms.
Happy to help!