How to Store Research Data
During this course, we introduce the principles and best practices for storing research data. We’ll give examples of how to apply these principles in action using the storage services available at Aalto University. We will cover these topics:
- General principles and best practices when storing research data
- Data accessibility, long-term availability and confidentiality
- Examples of applying best practices with Aalto services
- Successful storage scheme for a research project using a network drive
- Cross-organisational collaboration using cloud services
Who can participate?
The webinar is aimed at staff and students who want to improve the handling and storing of research data. The storage systems and examples are Aalto-specific, but the principles can be applied anywhere. The webinar is free and open to all.
- Get to know good principles for arranging data storage
- Select the most suitable storage system for different needs available in Aalto
A one-hour webinar including a Q&A discussion.
Schedule and location
The training will be held online via Zoom on April 17, at 1–2.00 PM Eastern European Time (EET).
Ilari Lähteenmäki, Data Agent, Solution Owner for research data management, Aalto IT Services
Dan Häggman, Laboratory Manager and Data Agent in Aalto School of Engineering, Department of Built Environment
Aalto RDM & Open Science Training | YouTube | Privacy Notice