Multidisciplinary research in the global context
Our current research areas include:
- language sensitive research in international business
- cultural and institutional differences
- people management in the international context
- sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- cross-sector and cross-border collaboration
- International mergers and acquisitions
- International entrepreneurship
- research methodology
Our faculty hosts regular international research seminars and is actively engaged in research collaboration with other top international scholars.
Our faculty is well known for their cutting-edge contributions to language in IB research, led by Rebecca Piekkari, to international management research in emerging economies, led by Carl Fey , to international human resource management, led by Kristiina Mäkelä, to cross sector collaboration between corporations, nonprofits and governments, led by Tiina Ritvala, and to international mergers and acquisitions and knowledge transfer, led by Paulina Junni.
Publications in top journals
Our unit is one of the leading International Business units in Europe, which reflects in awards given to our faculty, as well as in publications in top journals, such as:
- Academy of Management Review
- Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management Journal
- International Business Review
- Journal of International Business Studies
- Journal of Management Studies
- Journal of World Business.
Our International Network
We work in close cooperation with leading international companies and other public, private and non-profit organizations. We encourage strong international cooperation among scholars, and an open, cooperative atmosphere within the community of IB faculty and students.
We have several international scholars visiting and working with us every year. Furthermore, our own faculty and doctoral students are active in international research networks, such as: