Upcoming Aalto Thesis projects:
Apply to Aalto Thesis project: HSL - Software Production 2.0!
Aalto Thesis project's application is open for Master's students. Read more of HSL's project and apply!
Aalto Thesis is...
For each Aalto Thesis partner, a new project will be launched. The project will have an outlined topic, objectives, working process, a student project team, and a time frame of six months. A project-based approach brings a clear framework to the programme for both partner and students.
In one Aalto Thesis project, 2-4 students from different Aalto schools will be working on their own Master's theses around a topic provided by the partner organization. The key results and conclusions from every thesis will be presented in a joint interdisciplinary summary for the partner.
Aalto Thesis is a unique possibility for collaboration, in which real-life partner, students from various Aalto schools, and the whole Aalto community learn from one another. Students get an opportunity to practice their work-life competences. The partner will be provided by the latest scientific information and ideas from graduating students as well as from their academic supervisors.
Saara Saksanen, Communications Manager, Hoas
Aalto Thesis provides us with relevant and realistic information about our customers without us having to make random guesses.
Why Aalto Thesis?
For the partner:
- A broad multidisciplinary overview of the outlined topic or challenge
- The latest scientific knowledge from different fields
- The support of the Aalto Thesis Coordinator throughout the project
- Individual thesis works centered on your challenge
- An interdisciplinary final presentation and summary
- An easy way to get to know potential employees and to strengthen a positive employer image
Interested in collaborating? Leave here your contact information!
For the student:
- Acquisition of work-life competences: project work, multidisciplinary collaboration, teamwork, and communication skills
- A clear process and a time frame to accelerate and to motivate the demanding process of Master's thesis work
- An inspiring possibility to work on a real-life challenge provided by a partner organisation
- A 5,000 € grant for living costs
- The support of the project team and Coordinator
Tiia Penttinen, marketing student
The best thing about Aalto Thesis is that I don’t have to work on my thesis alone but rather as a part of the Aalto Thesis Team.
Before the actual Thesis Project can be launched the Coordinator will meet the partner and based on their needs create the preliminary project description. After that, it is time to sign the contract, recruit the student team, and then the actual project can kick-start!
Six months process manuscript:
- Kick-off meeting | in charge: Aalto Thesis coordinator
- Joint project plan | in charge: the student team
- 2-month status meeting | in charge: Aalto Thesis coordinator
- 4-month status meeting | in charge: the student team
- The final presentation, handing in the thesis works, and the interdisciplinary summary for the partner | in charge: the student team
Aalto Thesis projects
We will launch to each Aalto Thesis project an individual introduction site with the project and application details.
New exciting Aalto Thesis projects will be kick-starting soon during this fall, from public sector and transportation to digital services.
Be the first one to hear about the new starting projects and application periods by signing up for Aalto Thesis mailing list!
The highlights of our past projects:
Niina Pitkänen, Aalto Thesis programme manager
Working on a thesis topic provided by a real partner as part of a multidisciplinary student team is a unique opportunity for collaboration.
Aalto Thesis: Boosting multidisciplinary collaboration and work-life relevance
Aalto Thesis is a newly launched model for an integrated project-based and work-life oriented master’s thesis, executed as a part of a multidisciplinary student team.