Field of study:
The application period has been extended until Thursday, June 8th, 2023.
Throughout the years, people have passed through important processes, changing from one state to another and learning new things about themselves. These events have been called rites of passage. In a modern world, entering a new role can be a similar change that requires jumping into the unknown. Whether your next role is a new job, a career as an entrepreneur, or a promotion, we invite you to take a journey with us and get to know yourself better.
During this two-week summer course, you will go through a series of practical exercises encouraging you to look at yourself and the world you operate in from a different perspective. The course takes you to the real world and tunes you to recognize people's needs in an unstructured environment. It also creates opportunities to start interacting with the world in a new role. You will learn to understand yourself better, deal with uncertainty, interact with and influence others, develop creative thinking skills and create value.
The course sessions will be held at different locations in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area.
Summer School alum story: Leading Transformation course revealed the interplay between design, adaptability, and visionary leadership
Julia Zambrzycki shares how the Leading Transformation course can help us become visionary leaders in constantly changing times.
Johannes Kaira and Anna Dementyeva from Aalto Ventures Program.
To be confirmed
On-site days: Mon-Fri 7-18 August 2023; at 9:00-12:00
Sessions will take place in various locations in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area (session end time ensures arriving at Aalto Otaniemi campus by noon).
To be confirmed
- Learning to connect with people and the environment to find ways to bring value
- Learning to position oneself in the entrepreneurial landscape to enable maximum efficiency in one´s actions
- Becoming aware of biases and beliefs that may affect the incoming information
- Learning to see the essentials in the information
- Adapting to unexpected situations
The course includes a lot of walking and transitions between locations. Exercises include social interactions and practical work.
25 h contact hours
15 h project work
14 h individual assignments
Total 54 hours = 2 ECTS
The course is graded as pass/fail.
Please note that the undergraduate courses offered by Aalto University Summer School can not be included in Aalto degree studies.
You must have completed a high school or vocational degree or equivalent by the time the course starts. However, you do not have to be a degree student at a university to participate in our courses.
Additionally, all summer school course students must be 18 years or older, as it is the legal age in Finland.
This course does not require previous experience in the topic.
In your motivation letter, describe your motivation for taking this course.
- One course: 500€ (incl. VAT 24%)
- Two courses: 1000€ (incl. VAT 24%)
- Three courses: 1375€ (incl. VAT 24%)
- Four courses: 1625€ (incl. VAT 24%)
There is no special partnership discount on undergraduate courses.
The tuition fee does not apply to Aalto University degree students. Undergraduate courses offered by Aalto University Summer School can not be included in Aalto degree studies.
Participants can pay a programme fee of 100€ / two weeks to participate in the Summer School extracurricular programme.
Please note that the course fees do not cover accommodation, daily meals, or transportation during the course.
In the case of cancellation:
- If Aalto University cancels the course or program: 100% refund of tuition fee and programme fee
- Cancelling up to 60 days before the beginning of the course: 85% refund of tuition fee and programme fee (Aalto University will deduct 15% of each course fee as a service and bank cost fee)
- Cancelling up to 30 days before the beginning of the course: 50% refund of tuition fee and programme fee
- Cancelling less than 30 days before the beginning of the course: no refund of tuition fee or programme fee
Summer School teacher interview: Learn to read the world in a more profound way by participating the Leading Transformation summer course
Aalto University's immersive Leading Transformation course prepares students for future challenges by developing creative thinking skills, an understanding of self, and the ability to deal with uncertainty. The course also explores the concept of meaning in future work life.