These are the instructions if you have done your application before July 7th 2020. For the first-timers it is no longer possible to start the route studies in Mikkeli Campus, for the time being. Open University will inform about the situation on this page if the route studies become again possible to start in Mikkeli Campus in the future.
You can apply as a degree student for the Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration Program in Mikkeli Campus by completing at least 60 credits of Open University studies that are in accordance with the degree requirements of the Aalto University School of Business. Of the required studies, at least 36 credits must be completed in English. The required courses are listed below. The other option applying to the degree student with the same set of courses in Finnish is the Open University Route at Otaniemi Campus (pages in Finnish).
- Business Communication or Swedish Business Communication 3 cr (equivalent of Business Communication Skills or Ruotsinkielinen yritysviestintä 1)
- Business Mathematics with Excel Applications 6 cr (equivalent of Talousmatematiikan perusteet /Tilastotieteen jatkokurssi/Kvalitatiivinen tutkimus)
- Corporate Responsibility and Ethics 3 cr (equivalent of Yritysvastuu ja -etiikka)
- Introduction to Business Law 6 cr (equivalent of Yritysjuridiikan perusteet)
- Introduction to Corporate Communication, 6 cr/Communication and Project Management, 3 cr+ Finnish Business Communication, 3 cr or Finnish for Foreigners, 3 cr (equivalent of Viestintä ja projektinhallinta tai Yritysviestinnän perusteet)
- Introduction to Management 6 cr (equivalent of Johtamisen perusteet)
- Introduction to Marketing 6 cr (equivalent of Markkinoinnin perusteet)
- Introduction to Statistics 6 cr (equivalent of Tilastotieteen perusteet)
- Managerial Finance/Principles of Finance 6 cr (equivalent of Rahoituksen perusteet)
- Operations Management 6 cr (equivalent of Tuotantotalouden perusteet)
- Principles of Accounting 6 cr (equivalent of Laskentatoimen perusteet)
- Principles of Economics 6 cr (equivalent of Taloustieteen perusteet)
Admission information (for example exact course requirements and application time) can be found from Bachelor´s Programme in International Business (Mikkeli Campus).
Note. The last intake for the Open University Track to the Bachelor’s Program in International Business (also called the BScBA program) offered at the Mikkeli Campus will be in year 2021. This means that the students who are going to apply via this track can still complete the studies required for admission during the academic years 2019-2020 and 2020-2021.
After July 7th 2020: For the first-timers it is no longer possible to start the route studies in Mikkeli Campus, for the time being. Open University will inform about the situation on this page if the route studies become again possible to start in Mikkeli Campus in the future.
Please consider these facts, if you are interested to start to study and apply for the BScBA program via this track:
- The application procedure for route studies for the first-timers is not possible after July 7th 2020 even theoretically. After that it is not possible to acquire enough credits for the Open University Track to the Bachelor’s Program in International Business.
- There are very limited amount of places available for the open university track students for courses at the Mikkeli Campus.
- You have to study the required 60 credits at the latest by the deadline in June 2021, which will be announced in September 2020.
- The weighted GPA of these courses must be equivalent to at least 3,50 on the scale from 1-5.
- The intake via the Open University Track to the BScBA Program is the maximum of three study places.
Further information can be asked from the Aalto University Open University, email: avoin (at) aalto.fi.