Innovation Call (EIT RawMaterials) - Upscaling
Official call page - https://eitrawmaterials.eu/call-for-projects-2019/
- Proposal Registration Deadline: 11 Jan. 2019 at 13.00 CET
- Proposal Submission Deadline: 15 Feb 2019 at 13.00 CET
- Innovation projects based on validated technologies that need additional step(s) for up-scaling, demonstration or implementation. The objective is to bring the technology to market, as a product, service or process.
- Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of at least 5 at the beginning of the project, corresponding to a “technology validated in relevant environment”. The technology is expected to have reached a TRL of at least 7 at the end of the project, corresponding to a “system prototype demonstration in operational environment”.
- Must aim for market introduction and/or a commercial use within 3 years (or less) after the end of project.
- Must aim to have an educational component, for example, including PhD and/or Masters projects, internships, contribution to courses, etc.
- Are requested to reach a non-EIT/EIT funding ratio of 80/20.
- The co-funding contributed by the project consortium should be minimum 20% of the total funding.
- Proposals for Up-scaling projects should demonstrate financial and non-financial backflows to the KIC, as well as contribute to specific KPIs of the KIC.
- We advise you to consider a marketing budget of around 15% of your total budget.
- Proposals claiming to achieve any positive environmental impact, such as resource and energy savings, waste reduction, waste valorization, emissions reduction, etc., must include a Work Package on the assessment of the environmental impacts of the developed products or processes using LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) methodologies