Master's Programme in ICT Innovation (EIT Digital Master School) - Digital Media Technology
120 opintopistettä (ECTS)
2 vuotta, kokopäiväistä opiskelua
Alempi korkeakoulututkinto soveltuvalta alalta tai vastaavat opinnot.
Kyllä, EU:n ulkopuolelta tuleville opiskelijoille
The EIT Digital Master School offers a two year education in which you can choose two universities in two different European countries, building a curriculum of technical courses combined with innovation and entrepreneurship studies.
The major in Digital Media Technology (DMT) focuses on enabling technologies for digital media systems, including
- technologies for analysing media,
- generating interactive media,
- processing and coding,
- optimising wired and wireless transfer, and
- distributing digital 3D contents.
Applications that use these technologies include teleconferencing, interactive multimedia applications, entertainment, computer games, telemedicine, surveillance etc. The major is based on a systems engineering approach in order to successfully integrate media technologies to applications such as “smart spaces”, “health and well-being”, and “smart cities”, all thematic areas of EIT Digital.
The first year will be similar at the DMT entry point universities KTH, TU Delft, and University of Trento with four basic courses on signal processing, computer graphics, web services, and communication networks. An important part of the programme are also the Innovation and & Entrepreneurship (I&E) courses.
During the second year of studies, the student chooses a spesialisation option offered in one of the five exit point universities: Aalto University, KTH, TU Delft, University of Trento, or BME Budapest. The specialisation option offered at Aalto University is Hypermedia.
- The hypermedia specialisation focuses on linked data and web-based services. Students acquire skills to develop advanced web-based services both on user interface and data level. The topics covered include information retrieval techniques, web service programming, declarative web services, semantic web and web service techniques. The specialisation area is linked to both, Smart Spaces and Future Media and Content Delivery, thematic areas. In Smart Spaces, linked data can be used to integrate information coming from different sensors and devices, while web technologies allow the adaption of the service user interfaces to different devices. Web technologies are commonly used in online media services, while linked data allows the integration of different services together.
Specialisation's mandatory courses include:
- Web Services (4 ECTS)
- Web Software Development (5 ECTS)
- WWW Applications, (4 ECTS)
Specialisation's elective courses can be selected from the following list:
- Explorative Information Visualization (5 ECTS )
- User Interface Construction (5 ECTS)
- Mobile Cloud Computing (5 ECTS)
- Applications and Services in Internet (5 ECTS)
- Social Media (4 ECTS)
- Complex Networks (5 ECTS)
Read more about the DMT studies at Aalto University from our Study Guide.
Admission to the EIT Digital Master School majors
The ICT Innovation programme has separate application periods and admission procedures than the rest of the Master's programmes offered by Aalto University. Further information on the admission can be found from the EIT Digital Master School website for prospective students (masterschool.eitdigital.eu).