Bachelor's Program in International Business, Mikkeli Campus
Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration.
Field of Study:
Business and Economics
3 years, full-time
Such secondary education which gives an applicant eligibility for university studies in an applicant´s own home country.
Language of Instruction:
2018-01-09 - 2018-01-24
Publication of Results:
Experience the World – Choose BScBA!
Are you interested in studying business in English in a truly international atmosphere? Do you want to be a part of a multicultural and close-knit community and find friends for life? Are you eager to learn from distinguished professors, who are top scholars in their field? Are you dreaming of studying abroad somewhere around the world?
If you are open to new cultures, a quick learner and you are interested in doing business in a global environment, the BScBA Program is just for you!
The BScBA Program at Aalto University Mikkeli Campus offers excellent education from the leading business school in Finland. The program gives an up-to-date education that combines extensive theoretical studies with real business life experience. The program also provides a firm foundation for advanced academic studies in Master’s programs in Finland and abroad. Students of the BScBA program have an automatic study right to Master's degree programs at the Aalto University School of Business in Helsinki.
All students in the Mikkeli program have International Business as a major and the language of instruction is English. The program is designed for full-time, almost year-round studying, making it possible for the students to complete the program in less than three years.
The program offers a unique learning experience:
- The academic year consists of courses organized in 15 three-week modules, also in the first summer. The intense module system is designed to foster dynamic interaction among students and professors
- For each module (6 ECTS), classes are scheduled for three hours a day, five days a week, for 45 contact hours including examinations. This means studying in the BScBA Program requires active participation
- Each year 60-70 professors are recruited from all over the world to teach at the Aalto University Mikkeli Campus. These distinguished professors are top scholars in their fields and come from some of the most prestigious universities in the world
- Studying in intensive modules allows the students and the lecturers to concentrate on the topic and genuine interaction
- One semester, usually the last, is studied abroad in one of our partner exchange universities where students complete the Minor subject studies as part of the BScBA degree. The BScBA Program has more than 50 partner universities in many regions of the world. Every year, 80 international exchange students also study at the Mikkeli Campus
As a student of the BScBA Program you will gain:
- Excellent analytical skills required for Master’s Programs
- A strong foundation in international business
- Outstanding problem solving skills and tools for scientific thinking
- Professional development in your communication and languages skills
- The flexibility to work in multicultural teams and good problem solving skills
- The knowledge and skills needed to be a manager or entrepreneur
- Knowledge of ethical issues in the business field
Information on the structure of the studies can be found from Into.
The program has been designed to train a new generation of business professionals and it is possible for you to enter the global job market straight after the program. A degree completed at the Aalto University School of Business offers a vast variety of career options in both the private and the public sector, but also prepares you to work as an entrepreneur or as a researcher.
The graduates of the Aalto University School of Business are well employed and work in many positions related to their studies. Positions held by Mikkeli alumni include e.g.:
- Project Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Sales Manager
- HR Specialist
- Marketing Manager
In 2018, a minimum of 82 degree students will be formally admitted to the Bachelor’s Program in International Business at the Aalto University School of Business, Mikkeli Campus. Students accepted to the program will get a study right to the Master of Science degree in Economics and Business Administration at the Aalto University School of Business, so that
- the student first completes the Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration degree at the Mikkeli Campus and
- after graduating from Mikkeli, the student has an automatic study right to continue studies in one of the Master’s Programs offered at the Helsinki Campus
In addition, three new students can be admitted to the BScBA Program on the basis of their studies completed in the Open University and two new students can be admitted as transfer students from other higher education institutions in Finland. There is a separate Aalto University School of Business admission process for Open University Track and transfer applicants.
Applications for the Bachelor’s Program in International Business are to be submitted through the joint online application system for Finnish higher education institutions on studyinfo.fi (in Finnish opintopolku.fi).
The schedule for the application process and full admission criteria for 2018 can be found here.
Tuition fees will be charged of degree students coming from outside of the EU/EEA region or Switzerland who start their studies in English-taught Bachelor's and Master's degree programs in August 2017 or thereafter.
At Aalto University the tuition fee is €12 000 per academic year for the Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration degree offered at the Mikkeli Campus and €15 000 per academic year for degree programs leading to a Master’s degree.
With the introduction of tuition fees, a scholarship program has been introduced to support students who participate in a fee-charging degree program. At Aalto University, the scholarships are granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver. The decisions on the scholarships are made based on the academic merits of the students selected to study in the programs. Aalto University also has an incentive scholarship system that will reward progress made in studies.
More information on the tuition fees and scholarships can be found here.
Aalto University School of Business
Bachelor's Program in International Business
50100 Mikkeli, Finland
tel: +358 (0)50 438 9837 email: admissions [at] aalto [dot] fi (firstname.lastname@example.org)