Bachelor's Program in International Business, Mikkeli Campus
Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration.
Field of Study:
Business and Economics
3 years, full-time
Such secondary education which gives an applicant eligibility for university studies in an applicant´s own home country.
Language of Instruction:
2017-01-10 - 2017-01-25
Are you interested in learning business in a truly international atmosphere and finding friends for life? Are you eager to learn from distinguished professors who are top scholars in their field? Are you already packing for your exchange semester abroad?
Experience the world – choose BScBA!
Aalto University School of Business, Mikkeli Campus offers an intensive Bachelor’s Program in International Business (BScBA Program) taught entirely in English.
The BScBA Program is an excellent choice for you if you are interested in doing business in a global environment. The Program gives an up-to-date education that combines extensive theoretical studies with real business life experience.
All students major in international business. The learning environment in Mikkeli not only helps you to develop a knowledge base and a set of professional skills, but also provides a firm foundation for advanced academic studies in Master’s programs in Finland and abroad. It is also possible for you to enter the global job market straight after the program.
A degree completed at Aalto University School of Business offers a vast variety of career options in both the private and the public sector, but also as an entrepreneur or as a researcher.
The graduates from the Aalto University School of Business are well-employed and work in specialist or management positions related to their studies. Possible job titles include e.g.:
- Project Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Sales Manager
- HR Specialist
- Marketing Manager
In 2017, a minimum of 80 degree students will be formally admitted to the Bachelor’s Program in International Business at the Aalto University School of Business, Mikkeli Campus. Students accepted to the program will get a study right to the Master of Science degree in Economics and Business Administration at the Aalto University School of Business, so that
- the student first completes the Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration degree at the Mikkeli Campus and
- after graduating from Mikkeli, the student has an automatic study right to continue their studies in one of the Master’s Programs offered at the Helsinki Campus.
In addition, five new students can be admitted to the BScBA Program on the basis of their studies completed in the Open University and two new students can be admitted as transfer students from other higher education institutions in Finland. There is a separate Aalto University School of Business admission process for Open University Track and transfer applicants.
Applications for the Bachelor’s Program in International Business are sent through the joint online application system for higher education institutions on studyinfo.fi (in Finnish opintopolku.fi) during the application period 10─25 January 2017.
The BScBa Program is the only Bachelor’s Program taught entirely in English at Aalto University.
The full admission criteria for 2017 can be found here.
The BScBA Program offers students world-class education from the leading business school in Finland. The Program is designed for full-time, almost year-round studying, making it possible for the students to complete the Program in less than three years.
The unique features of the Program are:
- The academic year consists of courses organized in 15 three-week modules. The intense module system is designed to foster dynamic interaction among students and professors,
- For each module, classes are scheduled for three hours a day, five days a week, for a total of 45 contact hours including examinations. This means studying in the BScBA Program requires active participation,
- Each year 50─60 professors are recruited from all over the world to teach at the Aalto University Mikkeli Campus. These distinguished professors are top scholars in their fields and come from some of the most prestigious universities in the world,
- One semester, usually the last, is studied abroad in one of our partner exchange universities where you complete the Minor subject studies as part of the BScBA degree,
- The BScBA Program has more than 50 partner universities in many regions of the world. Every year, 80 international exchange students also visit the Mikkeli Campus.
As a student of the BScBA Program you will gain:
- Data analysis, teamwork and communication skills,
- Excellent analytical skills required for Master’s Programs,
- A strong foundation in international business,
- Outstanding problem solving skills and tools for scientific thinking,
- An opportunity to study abroad in one of our partner universities,
- Professional development in their communication and languages skills,
- A chance to become a member in the tight-knit student community in Aalto Mikkeli.
Information on the structure of the studies can be found from Into.
Tuition fees will concern degree students coming outside of the EU/EEA region or Switzerland who start their studies in English-taught Bachelor's and Master's degree programs in August 2017 or after that.
At Aalto University the tuition fee is €12 000 per academic year for the Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration degree offered at the Mikkeli Campus and €15 000 per academic year for degree programs leading to a master’s degree.
With the introduction of tuition fees, a scholarship program will be introduced to support students who participate in a fee-charging degree program. At Aalto University, the scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver. The decisions on the scholarships are made on the basis of the academic merits of the students selected to study the programs. The details of the scholarship system will be published later. Aalto University is also building an incentive scholarship system that will reward progress made in studies.
More information on the tuition fees and scholarships can be found here.
Aalto University School of Business
Bachelor's Program in International Business
50100 Mikkeli, Finland
tel: +358 (0)50 438 9837
email: admissions [at] aalto [dot] fi