Aalto Bachelor's Programme in Science and Technology - Digital systems and design
Field of Study:
Technology and Engineering
3 years, full-time
Such secondary education which gives an applicant eligibility for university studies in an applicant´s own home country.
Tuition fees & scholarships:
12 000 € for non EU/EEA citizens. More information.
Language of Instruction:
2018-01-09 - 2018-01-24
Publication of Results:
Digital Systems and Design educates specialists in various fields of digital systems. This major gives you competence in engineering design, as well as project planning and management, employing tools from embedded systems, control theory, and signal processing
Digital Systems and Design is one of the majors in the new Aalto Bachelor’s Programme in Science and Technology available in English. The major covers interdisciplinary topics from electrical engineering and automation, computer science, communication science, information science, and electronics. Through these studies, you will gain expertise in a range of techniques covering mathematics, modelling and analysis of signals and systems, and electronics.
You will be proficient in the modelling and analysis of systems and have a good foundation in the broad field of computer networks. You will also gain professional experience through tailored industry projects and entrepreneurship training.
The competences you will acquire through this major foster your solid mathematical background, diverse programming skills, goal-oriented problem solving, engineering design, and efficient project planning and management.
Through your studies in Digital Systems and Design you become
- a field expert in the evolving information technologies that define the future in the industry and society or
- a specialist in various fields of modern electronics industry
and gain the following expertise:
- knowledge in efficient analysis, design and optimisation of complex systems
- cutting-edge design skills tailored for engineering that make a difference in technical solutions
- management skills that are sought after in leading industry positions
- practical programming expertise in a range of languages relevant to industry
- experience in project and team work through an industrial or industry-related project
As a bachelor’s student of the Digital Systems and Design major, you are entitled to continue your studies at the master’s level at Aalto University. This bachelor’s degree gives you a solid basis for further studies in all of the master’s programmes provided by the Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering. You may also apply to continue further studies at Aalto University at the master’s level in other fields.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Non-EU/EEA students selected to the Data Science major will be charged tuition fees. They are eligible to apply for scholarships awarded from the Aalto University Scholarship programme.