Master's Programme in ICT Innovation (EIT Digital Master School) - Autonomous Systems
Master of Science (Technology).
Field of Study:
Technology and Engineering
2 years, full-time
An appropriate Bachelor´s degree or an equivalent qualification.
Tuition fees & scholarships:
Yes, for non-EU citizens.
Language of Instruction:
2018-02-15 - 2018-04-15
The EIT Digital Master School offers a two year education in which you can choose two universities in two different European countries, building a curriculum of technical courses combined with innovation and entrepreneurship studies.
For anyone interested in a career related to self-driving cars, robotics or artificial intelligence, EIT Digital Masters School offers a two year master programme in Autonomous Systems (AUS).
AUS is a combination of computer science and electronic engineering. During the programme, students will gain new skills in both areas. In computer science, relevant skills include Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, artificial intelligence and robot vision. In electronic engineering, relevant fields are automation, control, embedded systems and communications.
Students learn the latest theoretical knowledge and know how to apply their skills in practical real-life problems. Typical application areas of autonomous systems include autonomous vehicles, intelligent robots, industrial IoT and autonomous software systems.
During the first year, a similar set of courses are offered at the four involved entry points Aalto University, TU Berlin, UniTN - Trento and KTH. This includes robotics, artificial intelligence (or machine learning), modelling, estimation and control. In addition, some elective courses may be chosen to prepare for a specialisation. An important part of the programme are also the Innovation and & Entrepreneurship (I&E) courses.
During the second year of studies, the student chooses a spesialisation option offered in one of the six exit point universities: Aalto University, KTH, TU Berlin, UniTN - Trento, Eurecom or ELTE. The specialisation option offered at Aalto University is Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
- The courses of the Robotics and Artificial Intelligence specialisation combine both electrical engineering and computer science. Elective courses include autonomous mobile robots, micro- and nano robotics, computer vision, robotic vision, and machine learning. The students will learn how to build autonomous, intelligent robots and robotic systems.
Specialisation's courses (20 ECTS) can be selected from the following list:
- Autonomous Mobile Robots (5 ECTS)
- Micro- and Nano Robotics (5 ECTS)
- Robotics: Manipulation, Decision Making and Learning (5 ECTS)
- Robotic Vision (5 ECTS) Specialisation Electives (40 ECTS):
- Artificial Intelligence (5 ECTS)
- Distributed and Intelligent Automation Systems (5 ECTS)
- Computer Vision (5 ECTS)
- Mechatronics Basics (5 ECTS)
- Non-linear filtering and parameter estimation (5 ECTS)
- Embedded Real-Time Systems (5 ECTS)
- Project work A - Theory (5 ECTS)
- Project work B - Practice (5 ECTS)
Admission to the EIT Digital Master School majors
The ICT Innovation programme has separate application periods and admission procedures than the rest of the Master's programmes offered by Aalto University. Further information on the admission can be found from the EIT Digital Master School website for prospective students (masterschool.eitdigital.eu).