Science and research
Aalto University's solid expertise in the fields of economics, art and design and technology create a foundation for the most diverse scientific breakthroughs.
Scientific special know-how of the highest quality is a prerequisite for excellent multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research. Only thus can a multidisciplinary approach bring clear added value to the university. This means that the various departments are at par with the corresponding departments at other international top universities. This can be achieved when Aalto University builds on its own strengths and develops profound competence in carefully selected areas.
The University activities are based on long-term basic research and artistic activities as well as on high-quality teaching. Aalto University wants to enhance its expertise in all its areas of specialization and eventually rank among the top universities in the world.
The strength of Aalto University research is based on the collaboration and individual areas of expertise of the six leading schools in their respective fields.
- Research at the School of Business (biz.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Arts, Design and Architecture (arts.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Science (sci.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Chemical Technology (chem.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Electrical Engineering (elec.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Engineering (eng.aalto.fi)