Wellbeing from Science and Art
Aalto University is an internationally unique combination of fields where science and art meet business and technology. The university strengthens Finland's competence base and creates conditions for innovations, economic growth, employment and wellbeing, now and in the future.
Scientific research and artistic activities can be found on three campuses, six schools, 36 departments and several separate research units and institutes.
Research and artistic activities in schools
- Research at the School of Business (biz.aalto.fi)
- Art and Research at the School of Arts, Design and Architecture (arts.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Science (sci.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Chemical Technology (chem.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Electrical Engineering (elec.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Engineering (eng.aalto.fi)
Digi Breakfast on Data
We live in the information age in which human activities, scientific processes, transactions and new technologies create large volumes of data.
Mikko Kosonen #Aalto-yliopiston hallituksen jäseneksi. Matti Alahuhta jättää hallituksen. @SitraKosonen https://...
Lectures and seminars
Sound designer Nicolas Becker visiting Aalto
“Each film should be taken as a prototype, fitting the entire sound process to each film.”
Defence of dissertation in the field of polymer technology, Laura Elomaa M.Sc.(Tech.)
"Synthesis of biodegradable photocrosslinkable polymers for stereolithography-based 3D fabrication of tissue engineering scaffolds and hydrogels"
Mikko Kosonen to Aalto University Board
Chairman Matti Alahuhta will leave the board. The new chair will be chosen in the meeting in January.
Solar activity can disturb even air traffic
Understanding long-term activity of the Sun helps to predict its effects.