Wellbeing from Science and Art
Aalto University is an internationally unique combination of fields where science and art meet business and technology. The university strengthens Finland's competence base and creates conditions for innovations, economic growth, employment and wellbeing, now and in the future.
Scientific research and artistic activities can be found on three campuses, six schools, 36 departments and several separate research units and institutes.
Research and artistic activities in schools
- Research at the School of Business (biz.aalto.fi)
- Art and Research at the School of Arts, Design and Architecture (arts.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Science (sci.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Chemical Technology (chem.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Electrical Engineering (elec.aalto.fi)
- Research at the School of Engineering (eng.aalto.fi)
Defence of dissertation in the field of fluid mechanics, Javad Taghinia, M.Sc.
Sub-grid Scale Modeling in Large Eddy Simulation with Variable Eddy-Viscosity Coefficient.
RT @jounitik: #kohtuutalous veti salin täyteen @AaltoUniversity. @luonnonsuojelu. #talous Tänään klo 16 asti. ht...
Space Fleet, Corn and a Few Other Public Sculptures at the Turn of the Millenium
Dr. Jyrki Siukonen will act as opponent. Professor Juha Varto will act as custos.
Defence of dissertation in Organization and Management, Hanna-Mari Aula, M.Sc. (Econ.)
Constructing Reputation in a University Merger
Lauri Nummenmaa receives 2015 Academy of Finland Award
Professor Nummenmaa, who has gained international recognition for his brain research, was awarded the Award for Social Impact.
3D amplifies emotions evoked by facial expressions
The research findings have implications for emotion research, entertainment industry and 3D displays.