Join Helsinki Challenge Pitch Nights 6–7 June and vote for a finalist
Come to pitch nights and spur the Aalto-lead teams on into the competition final. One of the 20 semifinalist teams will enter the final by a public vote.
The Helsinki Challenge science-based idea competition has reached the stage where five to seven teams will be chosen to the final by an international jury. However, one of the finalists will be chosen by the audience, so join the pitch nights to give your vote. The finalists will be announced on 19 June and the winner in November 2017.
The evenings cover the themes Sustainable planet and People in change and Urban future, which are also the UN's sustainable development goals the teams are working on to solve.
The Aalto-lead teams in the competition are:
- Catalyst Supreme: Making the world emission-free with new catalyst materials
- F-Factor: 'We’re developing a Tinder for urbanisation'
- HeatStock: Use summer’s heat during the winter
- Ioncell: We’re developing a new type of fiber out of Finnish wood
- Pro Fibers: Finnish biomass keeps animals and forests healthy
- Reconfigure Mobility: A network that makes traffic sustainable
- Senior Cognitive Booster: Tackling elderly people’s cognitive challenges using virtual environments
- Wave Farmers: Our sensing device would help sustain a healthy soil ecosystem
Time and venue on both nights: 6–7 June 2017 at 18–20, University of Helsinki, main building, Great Hall, Aleksanterinkatu 5, Helsinki
Registration and background information per night:
- Tue 6 June
- Sustainable planet; Imagine wearing clothes made out of Finnish wood? How to use summer's heat during winter? You'll learn about these and other solutions to promote a healthier and more sustainable future.
- Teams pitching: Heatstock, Ioncell, Catalyst Supreme, POCKit, Energy Village 500, Myonit, Wave Farmers, 3A Water, Pro Fibers, and Metabold.
- Wed 7 June
- People in change, Urban future; Making the world emission-free and changing the way cities are developed 'a tinder for urbanisation' are some of the solutions presented this evening.
- Teams pitching: Parental Box, Senior Cognitive Booster, FutuRena, EduRemix, iCombine, Reconfigure Mobility, ELMO, Dlearn.Helsinki, F-Factor, and CoLearning CoPassion.
You can follow the pitch nights via Helsinki Challenge's YouTube channel, if you are unable to attend the events.
Voting, when following the event via the live stream:
Here are the voting instructions via a text message
- You can vote for your favourite Helsinki Challenge team and pitch during the Helsinki Challenge Semifinal Pitch Nights 6–7 June.
The voting starts on Tuesday 6 June 2017 at 6 p.m. (UTC+03) and ends on Wednesday 7 June 2017 at 7.55 p.m. (UTC+03).
- Vote by texting the number of your favorite team to number (e.g. if you want to vote for team number five, write a text message with only number 5) +358 45 7396 0300.
The price of one text message is the texting cost of your cell phone plan. You can vote only once from one cell phone plan.
You’ll see the teams, their numbers and the day they are pitching below.
Please, note that you can vote for Wednesday’s teams already on Tuesday and vice versa!
- Helsinki Challenge teams (challenge.helsinki.fi)
- Aalto University and Finland 100 (aalto.fi/finland100)
#aalto #finland100 #helsinkichallenge
Helsinki Challenge is a science-based idea competition and one of Aalto University's Finland 100 projects. The competition themes are people in change, sustainable planet and urban future, challenge the teams to create solutions for global problems, which affect all of our lives.
The competition is organised by University of Helsinki, Aalto University, Hanken School of Economics, University of Eastern Finland, University of Jyväskylä, University of Oulu, University of the Arts Helsinki, University of Turku, University of Vaasa and Åbo Akademi University.