Services and benefits
Dear Members of Aalto Alumni Community,
Aalto alumni engagement is going through changes during this year. We aspire to better serve those who have graduated from Aalto University and also recognise various other friends of Aalto. In the light of these changes, the old AlumniNET portal is not in use anymore. The University has come to this decision after careful consideration and by taking into account adjustments in the European-wide data protection law.
Our new portal, Aalto Alumni Circle, will serve you and members of our various alumni groups better and with renewed technical solutions.
Your registered information is safely and securely transferred from the AlumniNET to Aalto’s new CRM system so no extra activity is needed from your part.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at alumni [at] aalto [dot] fi
Emilia, Jenni, Kaisa, Riikka, Seppo & Susanna
As member of Aalto University Alumni network via Alumni Circle an alumni will get:
- Networking opportunities with experts and students from and outside his/hers field
- Opportunity to use e-mail inbox and forwarding e-email address firstname.lastname [at] alumni [dot] aalto [dot] fi
- Information on the latest research and university news
- Information on further education services
- Opportunities to knowledge creation and professional development
- Opportunities to share ideas and experiences with students
- Opportunities to engage in university development
- Invitations to University events, seminars and parties
- Events especially for Alumni
- Regular newsletter by e-mail
- Aalto University Magazine four times a year
In addition to these, alumni colleagues and cooperation partners offer several varying benefits (viewing the entire list of benefits requires registration) and alumni can make use of the following services:
- Going Global internet service: Suitable when looking for work or internships in other countries than Finland.
Aalto University’s Mentoring programme combines sector-specific, cross-disciplinary and international mentoring. The heart of mentoring is in one-on-one meetings with a student and an alumnus, but different encounters and networking are given an important role. Teamwork in working life has become ever more important, and that is why mentoring at Aalto University also emphasizes a cross-disciplinary approach and thematic meetings in small groups as well as company visits more than before.
The bilingual mentoring program is open for both Finnish and international master students and alumni.
Read more about the mentoring programme.