An accessible university
Teaching and research can be best developed in a multifaceted, accessible and creative community.
Aalto University is a multicultural study and work community. The university's international ties are growing rapidly. For example, one-third of new professors at Aalto are from abroad.
The university is multifaceted: it is made up of people from different cultures with very varied social, religious and educational backgrounds. We at Aalto University believe that teaching and research can be best developed in a multifaceted, accessible and creative community that actively strives to improve intercommunication and cooperation on all its campuses.
Aalto University has embraced the following principles to allow for an accessible operating culture:
- Accessibility is developed proactively
- Equality is promoted in all operations and activities
- Community members are encouraged to report any barriers they observe and propose changes to practices
- Open discussion is used to enforce positive attitudes and increase expertise
- Principles of sustainable development are applied in operations
More information on accessibility
Accessibility wikipages (wiki.aalto.fi)
Diversity and accessibility for students (into.aalto.fi)
Diverse learners (into.aalto.fi)
IT Policies (into.aalto.fi)
Aalto University on the Service Map