Tenure track career system
Building success from day one at Aalto University
Be part of an international academic community. Aalto University tenure track is a career system for talented academics and is the foundation of Aalto University’s objective to be a world-class university. Are you looking for attractive career opportunities?
At Aalto University tenure track you…
- take your research to a whole new level
- build a successful academic career
- benefit from the university’s vast company collaborations
- receive mentoring
- get career assistance and guidance
- receive support in research resources
- develop your leadership skills and pedagogical competence
- get a chance to live in the best country in the world*
Aalto University provides the tenure track professors with adequate resources, and supports their competence development through versatile learning and training opportunities. Aalto University's tenure track is in full action: since the tenure track system was introduced in 2010, about 250 professors have been recruited by the end of year 2015. Aalto University provides a multicultural working environment – currently over 30% of our tenure track professors have an international background.
The Aalto tenure track career system consists of three levels: