Professor of Practice position
The title “Professor of Practice” is a fixed-term (typically, 3-5 years) position that
- provides Aalto University with the possibility to hire highly respected professionals for
- Opening new areas of teaching and research/artistic work
- Re-evaluation and dynamic development of a field
- provides an opportunity to engage for special purposes qualified academic, business, or public sector leaders who have made major impacts on fields important to Aalto University
- provides a mechanism through which practical societal knowledge transfers to the university community
Professor of Practice is considered a professor position with Aalto-level requirements and external evaluation. Significant expertise in teaching and research/artistic work is required for obtaining a Professor of Practice position. Furthermore, a commitment to develop the field through research/artistic work and teaching activities is necessitated.
The criteria for evaluating Professors of Practice follow the general criteria for evaluating tenure track professors: The evaluation is based on the total assessment of the candidate in each main dimension of the work profile (research/artistic work, teaching, and activity in scientific community and academic leadership) in accordance with the weight of the dimensions in the candidate's work profile.
Evaluation criteria is described on webpage Evaluation criteria