Postdoctoral Researcher Position in Trust Management and Information Security
The Department of Communications and Networking invites applications for Postdoctoral Researcher Position in the area of Trust Management and Information Security
The candidate will join a research project about social network security, trust and privacy aiming to work out a series of algorithms, protocols and schemes to overcome the security and privacy issues of pervasive social networking. The candidate is responsible for fulfilling project tasks about social network security innovation and research, helping in instructing junior project members, and supporting project management.
Site of Research: Department of Communications and Networking (COMNET) (http://comnet.aalto.fi/en/), School of Electrical Engineering, Aalto University
Supervisor: Academy Research Fellow Zheng Yan (https://people.aalto.fi/index.html#zheng_yan)
Starting date: April 1st, 2018 or any other mutually agreeable date for 2y
Research area: Information and Network Security, Trust and Privacy
Optional topics: trust, security and privacy in pervasive social networking and IoT, D2D communication security, etc.
Skills and qualities required to apply
- expertise in information and network security, trust and privacy
- good innovation competence
- good organization and project management capability
- good programming skills, preferable in multiple languages
- good written and oral communication skills in English
- experience with data mining and machine learning is considered as a plus
- strong background in cryptography and solid publications is considered a plus
Application (in English) should consist of
- Publication List
- Research statement or a research proposal
- 1-2 recommendation letter(s) from previous supervisors or employers
The applications for the position are to be submitted through the eRecruitment system (link 'Apply for this job' below) no later than December 25, 2017.
Aalto University reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not applied during the application period.
- Academy Research Fellow Zheng Yan e-mail "firstname.lastname@example.org" (research related information)
- HR Coordinator Katja Korpinurmi e-mail "email@example.com" (application process, practical arrangements)
About Aalto University and Finland
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 20 000 students. Our campuses are located in Espoo and Helsinki, Finland.
As a living and working environment, Finland consistently ranks high in quality-of-life. For more information about living in Finland: http://www.aalto.fi/en/about/careers/international_staff/
Living up to our values
As a community of high ethics we want to assure the highest international standard in research, education and teaching. We expect all our community members to respect Aalto values and follow the ethical principles of fair play and integrity in all our activities and the behavior that we expect from each other. The Aalto University Code of Conduct is applicable to all Aalto community members and it clarifies the values that guide us.
In Espoo 25.10.2017