Doctoral candidate - superconducting qubits and circuits
We are looking for a scientifically talented and motivated doctoral student to join the Kvantti group (http://physics.aalto.fi/en/groups/kvantti/) in the Department of Applied Physics at Aalto University. Our main research work is in the field of superconducting qubits and circuits. Preference will be given to candidates with a M.Sc. in a field related to nanoelectronics; experience with cryogenic systems and RF measurements are a plus. The successful candidate should demonstrate:
* proficiency in English (written and oral); results in standardized tests (TOEFL) are accepted
* excellent computer and numerical skills
* good understanding of quantum physics
To apply, please send the following materials through the link “apply for this job”at the bottom of the page:
- Motivation letter (1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Description of research skills, experience, publications, educational certificates
- Transcript of Records
- Recommendation letters or the names and contact information for references
The deadline for applications is 30th of Sept 2017. The deadline could be extended or the position reopened until a suitable candidate is identified. The position will be located at the Aalto University Otaniemi Campus. The expected starting salary for a PhD candidate is approx. 2400 €/month (before taxes) and follows the university salary system. The contract includes Aalto University occupational health care.
The position can be also at the postdoctoral level, for extremely qualified researchers holding a Ph.D. in the field of superconducting circuits. For further information, please contact the group leader Doc. Sorin Paraoanu (firstname.lastname@example.org).