Postdoctoral Researcher in Small Satellite TechnologyAalto University is the forerunner in Finland in area of space science and technology education, research and applications. Aalto University has created and successfully launched first Finnish satellite missions, Aalto-1 and Aalto-2. The university is looking now for possibilities to expand the research to support the emerging Space Program. Therefore the Department of Electronics and Nanoengineering is looking for resourceful and talented doctoral graduate to support department space topic professors in the area of space science, space technology, remote sensing and radio-astronomy.
The position gives opportunity to work with small satellite platform reliability, novel space plasma and magnetosphere measurement instruments, remote sensing instrumentation and small satellite constellation analysis. The position provides also an opportunity to closely collaborate with Finnish Centers of Excellence on Sustainable Space and ReSoLVE and to work on Aalto University’s Suomi100 and Aalto-3 cubesat projects as well as magnetometer development to G-EPOS and ESTCube-2.
We offer supervision by senior researchers and professors (Jaan Praks, Esa Kallio, Anne Lähteenmäki, Tuija Pulkkinen, Eija Tanskanen and Miina Rautiainen) and inspiring work community and well equipped laboratories and test facilities.
- Proven track record in scientific work and a relevant PhD degree
- Commitment and active participation on the group's activities on space science and technology, remote sensing and radio-astronomy
- Guiding of undergraduate and graduate students
- Writing scientific papers jointly with the other members in the group
- Hands-on experience with small satellite platform
- Experience in satellite operations and/or amateur radio
- Knowledge of electronics design
- Experience in space systems testing
SALARY AND CONTRACT TERMS
The position will be initially filled for 2 years, with a possible extension up to 3 years. Expected starting salary for a Postdoctoral Researcher is 3500-3800€/month, depending on experience and qualifications. The contract includes occupational health and social security benefits. We expect the candidate to be able to start in January 2018 at latest.
Please apply online through "Apply for this job" link below and include the following attachments:
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Course transcripts of Doctoral degree with grades and Certificate of Doctoral degree
- List of publications with the most significant publications highlighted
- References with names and contact details
Dealine for applications is August 31, 2017, but we will start reviewing candidates immediately. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
ABOUT AALTO UNIVERSITY, CAMPUS AND FINLAND
Department of Electronics and Nanoengineering is located at the Otaniemi campus in the Helsinki metropolitan area, Finland. Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 20 000 students and more than 400 professors. As a living and work environment, Finland consistent ranks high in quality-of-life. For more information about living in Finland: http://www.aalto.fi/en/about/careers/international_staff/